The Capital Group Companies is a global leader in investment management. Our businesses include the American Funds, one of the largest mutual fund groups in the U.S., and a globally diverse institutional investment group managing large pools of capital such as pensions and endowments.
As a Tax Manager, you will supervise associates responsible for performing various tax assignments. We are seeking an individual who has an exceptional ability to assess performance, provide feedback, and coach and develop team members to achieve their highest potential and deliver business results. As well as working with your own team, you can expect to collaborate with your peers to manage resources, enhance work processes, and improve overall service to our internal and external clients. You will be a technical resource to your team, peers, and other business groups by answering questions, sharing opinions and perspectives, suggesting new and creative ideas, and leading as well as participating on project teams.
Other responsibilities include:
- Preparing and reviewing tax calculations, tax returns, and other tax filings
- Performing research and preparing memoranda on complex tax issues
- Preparing and reviewing year-end tax information for shareholders
- Analysis of distribution requirements and strategic planning
- Reviewing tax footnotes and tax-related disclosures in financial statements
- Initiating and leading implementation of tax and department initiatives
- Providing ad hoc tax assistance to associates throughout the organization
- Communicating with federal, state and local tax authorities to resolve issues
- Communicating with external auditors and custodians on tax matters
- Developing materials and delivering tax training Hiring Criteria The qualified candidate will have:
- Minimum eight years tax experience, including three years managing staff
- Bachelors degree required, CPA and/or Masters degree in tax is a plus
- Experience in taxation of RICs or other financial services entities preferred
- An exceptional standard of quality: attention to detail, organization, thoughtful analysis and problem-solving skills, accountability for results
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with managing multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- General accounting experience
Capital Group Companies - 2 years ago
The Capital Group Companies, founded in 1931, has built a business being a steady Eddy for its clients. As a rule, the investment firm...