CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as the seventh largest provider of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country. This growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
CBIZ & MHM is currently seeking a highly motivated Tax Manager. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management and client service skills by:
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
- Planning and managing multiple client engagement and simultaneously.
- Reviewing complex tax returns including federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S Corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations.
- Understanding your client goals and needs and servicing clients directly.
- Owning client relationships and work.
- Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning.
- Giving clients recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients.
- Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients.
- Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff.
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM!
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
- 6 year of experience in public accounting or related field
- 3 years supervisory experience
- Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
- Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
- Proficient use of applicable technology
E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer