Under general supervision and in accordance with established company policies and procedures, provides a variety of services related to income tax preparation. This position has access to and regularly works with information of a sensitive, highly confidential nature; and regularly deals with diverse matters which require a working knowledge of the business.
1. Greet all customers in a friendly yet professional manner; make customers feel welcome and comfortable.
2. Conducts a thorough in-person interview with potential clients, using the company’s propriety tax software application.
3. Provides details to clients concerning appropriate company products and services.
4. Completes all related tax forms in accordance with policies, and in compliance with legislation and regulations.
5. Checks the “hold” drawer daily and contacts clients for additional information, as necessary, to ensure accurate completion of tax returns.
6. Audits all tax return forms for accuracy and completeness (i.e., client signatures).
7. Researches tax related questions and issues, and responds to clients appropriately and within a timely manner.
8. Monitors on-site client volume and advises supervisor when additional tax preparers are required.
9. Maintain a positive image, and meet all customer service standards and productivity levels as set by the Office Supervisor.
10. Maintain office image; keep work area neat and clean.
11. Resolves client complaints, or refers situations to supervisor (as appropriate) for resolution.
12. Performs other duties as required.
- Education: High School Diploma / GED Equiv., or equivalent related business experience. College Course of study in tax preparation and/or accounting preferred.
- Experience/Requirements: Previous experience in tax preparation and filing a plus
- Must have California Tax Education Council (CTEC) License and pass all other required courses/ modules prior to preparing taxes
- Good communication and commitment to superior interpersonal and customer services skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced business environment
- Basic knowledge of computer functions required
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Location: Apple Valley, CA
- Compensation: $8.00hr
- Positions Available: Open