CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are together ranked as one of the top ten accounting services providers in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country’s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services. CBIZ & MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to guide your success in this profession.
CBIZ & MHM is currently seeking a highly motivated Tax Manager. This important role in our growing Tax practice includes client relationships, technical tax work, and managing staff. Our department is dedicated to assisting individuals, partnerships, and corporations with tax compliance and planning.
In this leadership role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your technical tax, analytical, operational, management, and client service skills by:
• Serve as client’s trusted advisor, demonstrates knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team.
• Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met; ensure on time delivery and on budget.
• Demonstrate proficient technical skills for handling all client responsibilities, including knowledge of trends, industries, alternatives, etc.
• Understand the client’s organization, procedures and internal policies
• Reviewing complex tax returns including international, federal and multi-state returns for C Corporations, S corporations, partnerships, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations.
• Understanding your clients’ goals and needs and servicing clients directly. Owning client relationships and work.
• Strategizing with Managing Directors regarding tax planning.
• Provide clients’ with recommendations and guidance on how to achieve their goals and assist in identifying opportunities for growth with clients.
• Researching tax issues and providing guidance to clients.
• Working closely with staff, and assisting senior management in mentoring, coaching, training, supervising, and evaluating staff.
• Foster a team environment; demonstrates support of management and decisions and build a positive culture.
• Participate in practice development activities that lead to the generation of new business and the opportunities for cross-serves.
Successful candidates will have an entrepreneurial spirit, strong technical and management skills, in addition to:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field.
• 6 years technical tax experience in public accounting, or related field.
• 3 supervisory experiences.
• Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
• Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally.
• Demonstrated leadership and supervisory ability, strong operational and project management skills.
• Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
• Proficient use of applicable technology
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM! Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
E-Verify, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
CBIZ - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) is one of the nation's leading providers of professional business consulting services with careers available in Financial...