Generalist Tax Supervisor
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Supervisor is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation and review of all clients’ tax returns including individual, partnership and corporate tax returns and consolidated and multi-state returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed supervisory skills are required. Tax Supervisor generally has at least five years experience.
It is expected that our Tax Supervisors:
Competencies of our Tax Supervisors :
- Perform preparation of client tax returns including individual, corporate and partnership.
- Perform technical tax reviews of all tax returns.
- Begin and complete tax research projects, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise, understandable written form.
- Act as a resource for tax preparers/specialists and audit staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
- Assume tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Assume client service responsibility.
- Manage time effectively. This includes the ability to oversee multiple engagements at one time and meet deadlines.
- Maintain knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Possess strong computer skills, including the ability to work with GoSystem Tax.
- Demonstrates the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
- Begins to identify specific tax strategies for tax planning purposes.
- Applies complex tax concepts to the preparation and review of tax returns (either business, S Corp, C Corp, Individual, Gift Tax or Trusts) including analyzing information and complex calculating book/tax differences.
- Effectively supervises staff and seniors
- Skilled in Problem Solving i.e. generates and evaluates possible solutions to problems.
- Skilled in organizing people, projects, deadlines and work appropriately.
- Utilizes resources efficiently with a focus on the client’s need and the firm’s business strategy.
- Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external clients.
- Exhibits values, ethics, integrity and trust that are in sync with those of the firm and profession.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in accounting and/or other appropriate academic major. CPA certification is a plus.
- Approximately 5 to 7 years experience working in tax for a public accounting firm.
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Strong client interaction skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- A dedication to teamwork and leadership
- Integrity within a professional environment
- Working knowledge of GoSystem a plus.
Monster - 23 months ago