This job contributes to REI’s success by managing and improving REI’s hierarchies, metadata and content architectures to grow REI’s business, enhance the customer experience, and advance the core co-op values. Implements REI’s taxonomy and content management requirements within REI’s customer facing asset management systems. Contributes to the findability and discoverability of REIs customer facing content assets by assigning appropriate metadata tags, taxonomic structure and other content attributes. Models and acts in accordance with REI’s guiding values and mission.
- Manages content, hierarchies and taxonomies to support relevant content and revenue driving features
- Specifies content requirements and attributes to ensure a consistent and optimized customer experience
- Uses information management and data governance best practices for the structure, organization and management of customer facing content assets
- Creates and maintains digital content asset organization and content hierarchies for best customer facing impact
- Supports customer facing structured vocabulary development, content assessment classification and organization and search strategies
- Identifies key process improvements to increase content management effectiveness, increase operational efficiencies, lower cost and improve accuracy
- Participates in strategy for structured vocabulary development, content assessment classification and organization and search
- Analyzes website metrics and customer behavior data to refine taxonomies as needed.
- Collaborates with cross-divisional stakeholders in vocabulary development, content assessment classification and organization and search strategies.
- Participates in investigation and recommendations for taxonomy technology solutions that address business needs.
- Ensures that content attributes comply with guided navigation schemas, page templates and cross-sell functionality
- Employs best practices in taxonomy formulation to enhance indexing, browsing, search and retrieval of customer facing content assets
- Maintains site data relationships, content authoring, and publishing standards to support an optimal customer experience.
- Identifies and manages links and relationships among REI customer facing information assets across channels and modalities
- Implements standards and processes for taxonomy development, maintenance of centralized schemas, and metadata management
5+ years’ experience in information management and organization.
3+ years’ experience with taxonomy design and use, preferably in an internet retailer organization
3+ years’ experience developing and managing content attributes, taxonomies, metadata and classification schema
3+ years’ experience with using content management systems, to organize and tag content against a specific taxonomy
Ability to multi-task, utilizing exceptional written and verbal communication skills while working in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Flexible in one's viewpoints and positions in order to support the direction taken by others at REI.
Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.
Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers.
Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work.
Executes effectively by using resources efficiently, meeting deadlines, and keeping others informed of work plans and progress toward goals.
Clearly conveys and accurately receives information by a variety of methods and in various situations.
Builds rapport with all kinds of people inside and outside the organization.
Acts upon opportunities and involves and influences others in the accomplishment of worthwhile organizational goals.
Challenges the status quo, champions change and influences others to change.
REI - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
REI is a national outdoor retail cooperative, committed to inspiring, educating and outfitting for a lifetime of outdoor adventures. Founded...