Taxonomy Analyst #12-248
Project Performance Corporation (PPC) is a technology and management consulting firm delivering innovative IT, Knowledge Management and Sustainability Solutions. We are a multi-disciplinary team of information technology professionals, project management experts, scientific and technical experts, and legal and regulatory specialists dedicated to providing fully integrated solutions. As an independent consulting firm, we offer impartial, in-depth discovery and analysis resulting in unbiased solutions that emphasize increased quality, efficiency and effectiveness for our clients. With offices in the DC Metropolitan Area we serve Fortune 500 decision makers and Federal, State and local government agencies throughout the U.S.
The Junior Taxonomy Analyst will be responsible for developing and maintaining various taxonomies and other categorization schemes for a commercial client. He/she will conduct background research and interviews and participate in workshops to identify and describe client information management requirements. The analyst will follow standard methodologies to compare, map and review categories in various structures and format the results as required. He/she will work with team members to make modifications to taxonomies or other schemas and document the impact of possible changes. The analyst will manage and maintain taxonomies and categorization schemes using tools, databases and text processing methods.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Experience in information architecture, knowledge management or libraries
- Exposure to taxonomy/ontology tools
- Exposure to creating metadata models or schema
- Exposure to information retrieval and text processing methods
- Familiarity with current concepts, practices and trends in media asset management
- Experience developing controlled vocabularies
- Experience with thesaurus construction and maintenance
- Familiarity with ontologies and current developments in Web 2.0
- Open to 50% travel
PPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
PPC - 22 months ago