We accept teaching applications continuously throughout the year and are particularly interested in teachers who have urban experience.
Tchr, Summer School 2013
Department: After School & Summer School
Work Hours: varies
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
We are looking for licensed Summer School teachers in the following licensure areas.
Reading, Health, Science - All, Math, Elementary and Elementary Bilingual Spanish, ESL, Phy Ed, Art and other licnesure areas.
Please submit an online application to be considered.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills.
This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY, and is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class.
Employees are required to be in attendance and prepared to begin work at their assigned work location on the specified days and hours.
Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Acquire knowledge of the goals of the Minneapolis Public School District Improvement Agenda and site/school goals. Work to support and achieve those goals.
· Establish developmentally appropriate instructional and behavioral expectations for students and for self and communicate those to students and their families.
· Create lessons and learning environments that are safe, respectful and interesting as well as multicultural/gender and ability fair/developmentally appropriate.
· Select, adapt and individualize materials appropriate for diverse student populations and skill levels.
· Teach students the required curricula using strategies that foster thinking, reasoning and problem solving.
· Collaborate and communicate regularly with families in making educational decisions and use family and community resources to support learning.
· Assess students’ developmental, cognitive and social needs and provide developmentally appropriate instruction to meet those needs.
· Regularly assess student learning by using multiple forms of assessment.
· Facilitate positive interactions between students and teacher, student and peers and student and other adults.
· Model learning and behavior consistent with the expectations for students.
· Assess own instructional effectiveness through the Professional Development Process (PDP).
· Participate in ongoing and regular staff, team and individual professional development.
· Collaborate with peers to develop, plan and implement best practices based on the needs/abilities of the students.
· Participate in site-based management and shared decision making.
· Always keep the students’ needs and rights first and foremost in any educational decision making.
· Demonstrate competence in the Minneapolis Standards of Effective Instruction.
· Have a working knowledge of and implement the Minnesota State Standards and the District Graduation Requirements.
· Working knowledge of the subject matter, classroom management techniques, current researched best practices and strategies, as well as students’ learning styles and needs, both academic and affective.
Education America Network
- 2 years ago - save job