Program: Early Childhood Education
Program Description: Goddard Riverside Community Center operates five early childhood centers for working families and their children aged 2 ½ to 5. Each center facilitates classroom activities that promote intellectual, social, emotional, and physical growth through the hands-on exploration of science, nature and art.
Category : Part-time (20 hrs/week)
Days/Hours: M-F, 9:00am-1:00pm or 2:00pm-6:00pm (shift varies; applicant must be flexible)
Supervisor : Head Teacher
- Assisting in the implementation of the daily program under the direction of the teacher.
- Assisting in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers.
- Collaborating, under the direction of the head teacher, in the lesson planning.
- Helping with the general housekeeping of the classroom.
- Provide classroom coverage, when head teacher is not present.
- Assisting the teacher in all aspects of the classroom operation
- Maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- Attending all staff meetings and recommended training programs, conferences and workshops.
- Document observations of children.
- Maintaining confidentiality about children, their families and other employees of the school.
- Supervising outdoor activities.
- Other duties as required.
- High School Diploma
- NYS Central Registry Clearance
- Work experience providing services to children and families.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate or Teaching Assistant certificate preferred
- Bilingual preferred
- Must be willing to fulfill responsibilities in accordance with the school's educational philosophy
- Must be flexible because teaching teams rotate shifts throughout the school year
- Frequent bending, kneeling and lifting
- Classrooms located in a basement; applicant must be able to navigate stairs
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.