Provides instructional services for students who are in need of special education services to meet their IEP objectives. Disabilities may range from moderate to severe and categories of service may include Emotional Disturbance or Functional Living Skills. Services will be provided within self-contained settings and placements which allow least restrictive environment options for students to be included in regular education or community access opportunities.
NATURE & SCOPE
This position is subject to board policies, administrative rules and procedures, department regulations and applicable State and Federal statutes. This position carries no administrative authority or responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
1. Assess student’s educational needs.
2. Write Individual Educational Programs (IEPs).
3. Write instructional plans, record student performance and modify instruction as needed.
4. Report pupil progress according to program procedures.
5. Establish and maintain appropriate student behavior.
6. Direct Educational and Classroom Assistant activities.
7. Communicate cooperatively with parents, students, colleagues, building personnel, supervisors, community members and others to address individual student needs.
8. Implement program-adopted crisis prevention/intervention strategies to include the use of de-escalating procedures and physical interventions to avoid injuries.
9. Maintain records, meet timelines.
10. Adhere to school building, District and Multnomah ESD policies and procedures.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS;
1. Perform other related duties as assigned by the Program Supervisor or which are indicated to assure the physical and emotional well-being of students.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- If assigned to a classroom requiring lifting, must be able to lift up to 60-70 lbs. according to established procedures. Exact lifting requirements will vary based upon classroom assignments.
- Valid First Aid and CPR card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Valid Oregon Teaching License with Handicapped Learner or Severely Handicapped Learner Endorsement.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility, but should not be considered an all inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.