Assist School Teachers in the instruction of basic subjects to students to provide a variety of services that assist in the daily operation of the classroom. The Educational Assistant is authorized to take reasonable action necessary to carry out the responsibilities assigned as long as such action does not deviate from established organizational policies and procedures and is consistent with sound professional judgment. Position is year-round position.
· Communicate all relevant concerns about students to the teacher and direct care staff.
· Interact with children in ways appropriate to child growth and development.
· Help assess and evaluate each student’s progress daily and quarterly
· Attend all planned school functions: e.g., open houses, in-services, and teacher workdays required for other teaching staff.
- Assist the teacher with preparation, instruction, and clean up of materials and activities daily, including preparing and distributing course schedule and materials, taking attendance, assisting with equipment, etc.
· Serve as substitute teacher as needed to provide year round education.
· Make copies and other clerical duties as needed
· Serve as tutor to students ages 5-17 working on a broad array of tasks at various grade levels. Answer questions about classroom assignments and provide individual instruction and guidance, etc.
· Carry out supervisory teacher duties in a prompt and reasonable manner when necessary, as agreed on with the teacher.
· Be supportive of BCFS Academy on campus and in the community as well as being loyal and complimentary of administration, staff, and fellow colleagues
· To be inside the classroom no later than 15 minutes before students arrive.
· Assists the teacher in maintaining order and discipline in the classroom.
· Other Duties as assigned
· Evacuate with facility in case of an evacuation
· Participate as a member of interdisciplinary team
· Submit monthly educational supply requisitions
BCFS is a global health and human services non-profit organization with locations and programs in the United States as well as Eastern...