General Function :
A Child Care Teacher Aide assists the Center Director or a Teacher in implementing activities for a group of children. A Teacher Aide must meet California licensing requirements. A Teacher may also be responsible for the supervision of a Teacher Aide. Administrative duties include:
- This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of: caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in adults and youth. Additionally, the YMCA values diversity, youth, and a broad vision of health and wellness which is enhanced by relationship building.
- Prefer prior experience working with children in an organized program.
- Certified in CPR and First Aid (or be certified within 30 days of hire).
- Complete YMCA child abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire.
- Proof of medical/TB exam completed within 3 days of hire.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Bilingual preferred.
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 19 months ago
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...