Position Title: Teacher Assistant
Position Type: Internship
Faith International Christian Academy is looking for a Teacher Assistant Intern who loves working with children and would like to gain experience in this area. This position will begin as an unpaid internship with the opportunity for paid employment once the program begins.
As part of the education team, under the general direction of the Education Coordinator, with support from the Teacher, the Teacher Assistant helps plan and participates in classroom, playground, and field trip activities. These activities are designed to foster or enhance all areas of the child’s development.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Knowledge and experience with the basic principles of child development.
· Graduation from High School or GED
· Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
· Good temperament for working with elementary, middle, or high school students.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist the teacher in planning and implementing activities with children of elementary, middle and high school grade levels.
· Establish and maintain effective, working relationships with children, parents, staff, and program specialist.
· Assist the teacher in planning and maintaining a safe, clean, learning environment and in assuring the well being and safety of the children in his/her care.
· Plans and assists the teacher in preparing materials and supplies in advance for activities.
· Assist teacher in maintaining discipline and supervision of children during activities.
· Works with teacher in providing progress through authentic observations.
· Works with teacher in encouraging student enthusiasm for the learning process and development of good study habits.
· Works with teacher in creating a classroom environment conducive to learning by employing a variety of appropriate teaching strategies.
- 23 months ago - save job