Provides support to educational components in the treatment of children with emotional disorders, behavior disorders and children with Autism . Works directly with teacher and therapist to provide services to children. External contacts may include school districts and parents. In the absence of assigned Teacher works with Director of Special Education to make decisions regarding curriculum implementation, IEP goals and objectives, behavioral intervention, daily schedules and classroom structure.
1. Works with teacher to assign, teach, review and grade academic material.
2. Demonstrates classroom management skills.
3. Participates in treatment Team/Staffing in the absence of Teacher.
4. Supports operation of Educational Program.
5. Fulfills internal and external job training requirements.
6. Makes good use of volunteer’s time and skills.
7. Performs additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience :
· Knowledge necessary to successfully fulfill this position’s responsibilities includes knowledge of emotionally disturbed children, crisis intervention/prevention, physical/sexual abuse issues, child development, and behavior management techniques.
· Skills required include crisis intervention and decision-making. Self awareness, patience, and the ability to work as part of a team are essential. CPR/First Aid certification required.
· Credentials normally associated with competency in this position are a Bachelor’s degree in a Human Service field or at least four years experience working with children.
· Ability to respond appropriately to cultural differences that exists among Great Circle’s diverse client base.
· Demonstration of the conviction that people are able to change and that this attitude is fostered when a mutually respectful partnership exists between Great Circle personnel and the clients served.
· Ability to work as part of a team and to maintain a positive, professional helping role.
· A valid Missouri driver’s license and a good driving record are required because transporting clients is an essential function of this position.
· Ability to work with volunteers.
Great Circle - 17 months ago
Great Circle is the largest child welfare agency in Missouri with campuses in St. Louis, Columbia, Springfield, St. James and service...