An excellent teaching corps rests at the foundation of Alphas success. It is the vehicle by which we will deliver on our promise of exceptional student achievement. Alpha teachers have high expectations for all students and a willingness to work hard, doing whatever is necessary to ensure the success of every student. They are risk takers who embrace change, commit to continuous improvement, and learn from data and from their own failures. They will be eager to and capable of giving and receiving constructive criticism and of collaborating constantly as part of a team. Our teachers possess a growth mindset, strong personal character, and a consistent track record of high performance that is results-oriented. Finally, Alphas teachers hold a deep belief that all students can succeed in college, and that it is the responsibility of secondary school teachers to ensure that success.
1. 2-5 years of teaching experience experience in an urban public school preferred but not required. Alpha teachers must hold a valid teaching credential (please see http://www.ctc.ca.gov/ to learn more)
2. Relentless drive to advance the minds and lives of students in and out of the classrooms.
3. Hard-working, punctual, urgent, energetic, and willing to learn and adapt, embracing a spirit of self-reflection and possessing a constant desire to improve.
4. Evidence of self-motivation, desire to be a team player, and strong sense of personal responsibility.
5. Strong organizational skills, communication skills (with children and with peers), and problem solving skills.
6. Conversational Spanish or Vietnamese.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.