Provide challenging, rigorous, and relevant educational experiences for each student, affording them the opportunity to achieve their full academic, intellectual, physical, social, and emotional potential.
Curriculum and Instruction
• Plan, prepare, deliver, and/or direct instructional activities that actively engage students in meaningful and relevant learning experiences, including opportunities for them to explore application of higher-order thinking skills and to investigate new approaches to applying their learning.
• Design and use various instructional strategies, innovations, and activities that are research based, reflective of best practice, and compatible with the total program effort.
• Differentiate instruction and educational programs and/or projects to meet students' special interests, learning styles, and identified level of academic achievement, intellectual and physical ability, and social and emotional functioning.
• Provide students with regular and ready access to instructional technology and comprehensive materials that support the instructional program.
• Maintain knowledge of and implement established curriculum based on clearly defined state standards.
• Integrate subject matter through effective thematic development.
• Provide vocational/career instruction, as required.
• Provide a positive academic learning climate where students are encouraged to be productive learners and take pride in their work.
• Establish and deliver effective classroom management and organizational strategies to maximize time students are actively engaged in learning activities.
• Provide individualized instruction to meet students' needs in basic skills development in English, reading, and mathematics.
• Participate in development, implementation, and revision of personal education plans for all program students, to include IEP’s, as required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
• Conduct standardized and diagnostic testing, as required.
• Monitor, document, and analyze student performance data, and use results to make decisions to improve outcomes; performance data to include, but not limited to standardized test results, progress monitoring data, and classroom assessments.
• Establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships with students, parents, staff, and community stakeholders.
• Collaborate with students, parents, staff and community stakeholders to enhance the instructional program.
• Participate in the program’s process for establishing, implementing, and monitoring a continuous process of improvement that focuses on student performance.
Resources & Support Systems
• Provide input into ordering necessary instructional materials, supplies and equipment in sufficient numbers to support the educational program and implement its plans for improvement.
• Maintain secure, accurate and complete student record keeping system that monitors student progress, to include a current, up-to-date student work folder.
• Maintain safe, clean, orderly, and engaging learning environments, to include but not limited to classrooms, hallways, library, media lab, buyers day, chuckwagon, and education offices and workspaces.
• Participate in a continuous program of professional development that supports achievement of the programs improvement goals.
• Complete all training, in-service and staff development requirements as set forth by EYA and its’ contracting, licensing, accrediting and state teacher certification agencies.
Bachelor’s degree required. Must meet state teacher certification eligibility requirements. Prefer state certification in all core subject areas taught. Prefer endorsement/certification in one or more of these areas: reading, ESOL, and special education. Two years successful teaching experience preferred.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives - 13 months ago
- 1 day ago
- 1 day ago
FirstHealth of the Carolinas
FirstHealth of the Carolinas
- 2 days ago
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...