Performs instructional and educational work while serving as a teacher in a classroom/lab. Organizes and develops course work, coordinates classes for students, observes and assesses the needs of the students. Maintains communication both formally and informally with students and other educators. May supervise clerical, professional and/or technical employees and lab students working for college credit.
• Create engaging and effective internationally focused instructional programs based on TEKS .
• Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods.
• Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet the varying needs and interests of students across grade levels.
• Prepare, transport, set-up/display, and storage of program material for presentations.
• Collaborate with colleagues within the K-12 GEO department in planning, implementing, and structuring programs to meet department and university goals of community outreach.
• Public speaking – promotion of K-12 GEO department in public forums ( OIA , local School Boards, non-profit organizations, school administrators, teachers, TTU faculty and staff, etc.).
• Customer Service – maintain registration and reservation program records for both online and phone requests; maintain record keeping for program numbers/data, greet clients, discuss program opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Teacher certification preferred. No experience required.
This is a Security Sensitive Level I Position: Applicants for this position will be subject to a criminal background check and may be required to be fingerprinted.
• In depth knowledge of various content areas ranging from Texas, US, World History, World Geography, and World Cultures.
• Additional Teacher Certifications in Reading, Special Education, or ESL .
• Additional Computer Skills: Power Point/ Prezi/ SMART , Adobe, Dropbox, Publisher, Website Design.
Security Level (TTU only)
Does this position work in a research laboratory?
If yes, are select agents used in this laboratory?
Texas Tech University
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please provide the following with your application:
• Letter of Recommendation
Standing, sitting, squatting, lifting and being on feet for periods of time.
Hourly Pay Range
17.49 – 21.32 - 25.14
Monthly Pay Range
Internal Candidates Only?
Internal Cand Open Date
Internal Cand Closing Date
The entities of the Texas Tech University System are Equal Opportunity Employers and employ without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran, or other protected classes.
Texas Tech University - 17 months ago