Thresholds is Illinois' oldest and largest provider of services to people living with severe and persistent mental illness. Thresholds celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2009 and looks forward to continuing its mission to help its members reclaim their lives and achieve hopeful and successful futures. With its 30 service locations and more than 75 housing developments in the Chicago area, Thresholds is a recognized leader in mental health recovery. Thresholds provides excellent opportunities for career development and promotion and has been voted as one of Chicago’s 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work for in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. Thresholds encourages individuals who have experienced mental health recovery to apply. EOE M/F/D/V
- Plan and develop a course of study according to curriculum guidelines of school district and state requirements that fit the academic ability of three or more grade levels.
- Supervise all members in the classroom or as assigned.
- Develop and present specific lesson plans, using a variety of means, including lectures, projects, group discussions, exhibits, field trips, audiovisual and library sources, computers and the internet.
- Prepare assignments for in-school preparation and homework.
- Monitor, assist, correct and grade student performances.
- Counsel students when academic difficulties or behavioral problems arise.
LBS 1 license
Type (9) or (10) certification
At Least 5 years experience
12 month position
Masters in Special Education
Thresholds - 30+ days ago
One of the nation's largest non-profit providers of mental health services, Thresholds provides a comprehensive program of therapeutic...