Lead classroom sessions.
- Provide educational support to classroom staff.
- Develop and implement an engaging, challenging and playful classroom curriculum.
- Administer developmental assessment on children.
- Develop consistent, stable and supportive relationships with families and children.
- Develop goals for children in the classroom based on developmental assessment.
- Maintain written observation of the children's experience in the classroom.
- Assist in identifying children with special needs and facilitate referrals.
- Purchase and maintain appropriate materials in the classroom.
- Provide guidance and training to program staff and help mentor the assistant teachers.
- Develop knowledge of services available to families in the community.
- Maintain proper documentation on program activities.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor to fulfill job responsibilities.
- NYS Certification in Early Childhood Education required (eligible for license will be considered)
- Bi-lingual skills in English/Chinese or English/Spanish strongly preferred
- Two to three years experience working with toddlers and preschoolers in a classroom setting
- Must have at least one to two years of experience supervising classroom staff
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Must have good organization, communication and writing skills
Salary: High 30s to low 40s, plus generous benefits package
University Settlement Society of New York - 11 months ago