Teaching Assistant – GA
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Program Manager
Last Revision Date: Nov. 14, 2012
Position provides instructional services and assists with daily personal care activities to students under general supervision of a licensed / certified teacher or program manager.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Provide instructional support and intensive behavioral assistance to students who are diagnosed with developmental disabilities including autism.
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living including personal care activities (toileting, showering, etc.) in residential and school setting as needed
- Perform a variety of support activities related to behavior management, classroom instruction, and classroom management.
- Implement learning plans and behavioral support plans.
- Perform a variety of clerical support duties related to maintenance of documentation requirements of various kinds.
- Assist teacher, house manager, and perform duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate an understanding of behaviorally based instructional practices, given support.
- Attend meetings, as required.
- Under the teacher’s/supervisors direction, teach individual or small group lessons in classroom and/or residence .
- Under the teacher’s/supervisors direction, secure provisions and/or make appropriate learning materials.
- Supervise students throughout the day, in all environments.
- Assist teacher/supervisor in relation to his/her team role related to direct support professionals.
- Support team with positive communication strategies.
Based on your understanding of the duties of the job you are applying for, are you able to perform these duties with or without accommodation? ____Yes ____ No
- Associate’s degree in Special Education or another related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Experience working with persons diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities.
- Applicant should be highly organized and able to work collaboratively.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software and e-mail applications, especially Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word; have the aptitude to learn other computer software as necessary.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. independently and assist in lifting weights exceeding 50 lbs.
- Meet the requirements to drive Springbrook vehicles as required.
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. Springbrook reserves the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time.
_________________________________ _______________________________ ___________
Name (please print) Signature Date
Springbrook - 13 months ago
At Springbrook, we have a heartfelt commitment to serve people with special needs. We take pride in our Christian heritage, our...