Under the direction of the Mgr Publishing & Printing Systems, the incumbent monitors daily work and employees of black & white and color print areas. Performs duties to include the operation of the Xerox docutech laser, OCE, Nexpress Digital Color printers, bindery and fulfillment duties. Requires a thorough knowledge of graphic arts production including printing, copying, binding/finishing operations, basic color theory, electronic printing, paper usage, prepress functions. Employee has external vendor contact to discuss technical problems regarding equipment. Act as a resource to members of the department as well as to other Health Plan staff and outside professionals. This position may be required to be on call to respond to technical questions on weekends.
• Under the direction of the Manager, assist in the coordination, scheduling, and oversees the daily activities of the area to include docutech/lasers, digital color, offset printing, fulfillment and bindery areas.
• Oversees all facets of the Print Shop including job intake(WEBCRD), calculating job flow, prioritizing work, overseeing output, performing quality checks, and delivering all copy work and digital copy work.
• Maintains equipment in the Print Shop (both black and white, color, full color)
• Assist in check balancing functions, and make recommendations on process improvements.
• Assist in monitoring the fulfillment area to ensure integrity of WEBCRD and Goldmine system used by customers.
• Responsible for ensuring scheduled maintenance tasks to keep the press operating at peak performance standards.
• Monitors maintenance procedures that are required daily, depending on the print volume, while others are recommended at regular intervals, i.e. 50,000 impressions.
• Monitors daily maintenance procedures usually involving cleaning and checking supplies,
• Input printing/mailing projects in the MicroInk Chargeback system for cost accounting to divisions and subsidiaries.
• Alerts Manager of any problems that arise or changes in production, equipment or staffing issues.
• Troubleshoots and may perform routine maintenance to correct problem situations on PC, UNIX, Xerox, Nexpress equipment and software.
• Promotes safety and good housekeeping standards within the work area and in relation to equipment.
• Operates production level digital printer/copier equipment, producing high volume of work in accordance with the work order and customer’s quality expectations.
• Effectively prepare and troubleshoot various file formats.
• Oversees all color management and color calibration functions
• Runs orders on time while maximizing the machines productivity.
• Monitors performance of daily & scheduled maintenance, quality checking of print runs, & maintain inventory of supplies and parts.
• Responsible for the reproduction of multiple orders requiring the ability to multi-task between numerous productions and finishing projects on a continuous basis as well as reprioritize as needed to insure deadlines are met.
• Properly use and care for all equipment in compliance with operating instructions.
• Answers phones, respond to customer inquires and/or accept transfer correspondence to appropriate parties.
• Consistently demonstrates high standards of integrity by supporting the Lifetime Healthcare Companies’ mission and values and adhering to the Corporate Code of Conduct.
• Maintains high regard for member privacy in accordance with the corporate privacy policies and procedures.
• Regular and reliable attendance is expected and required.
• Performs other functions as assigned by management.
• Associate’s degree in printing or graphic arts field preferred, in lieu of degree, 3-5 years experience in the field required. Must possess a high degree of professionalism.
• Proficiency in Quark, INDESIGN required.
• Basic color theory and computer literacy
• Should posses a working knowledge of Xerox Publishing System and related printing and equipment.
• Requires a thorough knowledge of graphic arts production including printing, copying, binding/finishing operations, electronic printing, paper usage, prepress functions.
• Considerable experience in the above duties is required to develop the knowledge of processes, equipment, paper, etc. to be an effective Team Coordinator of this operation and personnel.
• A thorough knowledge of printing, duplicating, copying, and related auxiliary equipment and processes is required, as the Team Coordinator should have a working knowledge of the operation, maintenance, and effective utilization of equipment in the unit.
• Software: Microsoft Office Packages Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat
• Proficient in Rochester Software Associates software to include WEBCRD, MISPRINT, Q-Direct, Mainframe Downloader
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 20 months ago