Western & Southern has an immediate opening for a Team Lead, Policy Service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Coordinates workflow and monitors activities to assist management in ensuring efficient, timely and accurate processing of transactions that meet established service standards. Has responsibility for coordinating the training of department associates. Conducts quality control functions within the department and provides management with timely feedback and statistical data. This position handles complex requests or problem situations. Represents the department on new product implementation committees. The Team Lead also stays current with Company operating procedures and policy provisions.
• Reviews workflow on a daily basis and allocates resources to process production work as needed.
• Serves as a first line of resource for team members to assist with processing questions, escalated complaints/cases, problem solving and resolution. Answers questions providing clear, accurate instructions regarding processes and procedures.
• Researches complaint cases and inquiries including insurance department complaints and provides detailed information regarding Company practices and policy provisions.
• Monitors and reviews daily production reports, researching and identifying trends to alert management of potential problems and Company exposure.
• Performs quality audits of a predetermined percentage of processes and transactions. Oversees any necessary correction, notes any problems or trends that indicate a gap in training or procedural documentation.
• Prepares work orders to initiate changes and/or enhance or automate processes as a result of system changes.
• Maintains reference documentation relating to policy provisions, policy forms and departmental procedures.
• Provides knowledge and assistance with research for all internal and state audits.
• Researches, develops, writes and updates procedures relating to various department processing.
• Works closely with other Team Leaders to address workload balancing and resource allocation to support the needs of all teams in the department and realize potential synergies among teams.
• Acts as a liaison between the operating areas and Technical Services as needed in regards to problem resolution, procedural updates and product implementation.
• Serves on various project committees involving implementation of new products, new systems, workflow and process improvements.
• Maintains advanced product and procedural knowledge.
• Performs other duties as assigned by management.
• Proven experience in either insurance, banking or related financial industry customer service and/or processing department. This includes activities involving accounting, telephone customer service and processing financial transactions.
• Demonstrated operations/product knowledge including contract provisions, variable products, tax ramifications, etc.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrated experience in completing multiple functions effectively and accurately while maintaining a professional demeanor under demanding business situations.
• Must provide examples from work experience of maintaining a high degree of accuracy associated with high volumes of work and related input into PC applications.
• Demonstrated strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective resolutions.
• Possess and displays excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to successfully interpret and communicate business needs between internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrated experience in working independent from direct supervision. Experience must include identifying complex problems, quantifying the problem and resolving the problems where independent decisions were made.
• Proven experience working in a customer-oriented field and effectively articulating information to clients in an empathetic and understanding manner to resolve customer concern/inquiry.
• Demonstrated experience working effectively within a team.
• Exposure to market sensitive investments in either servicing or processing of transactions.
• Demonstrated experience in learning and applying administrative rules governing complex financial investment instruments.
• High school diploma.
• Some college work preferred.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficient in word processing and spreadsheets and working knowledge of databases.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• May require FINRA Series 6 and 63.
• Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company
Western & Southern Life, a member of Western & Southern Financial Group (Western & Southern), offers life insurance, interest-sensitive life insurance, fixed annuities, retirement strategies and personalized needs analysis for individuals, families and businesses in the middle-income market. It serves customers through a network of career financial representatives who work in more than 180 offices nationwide and through its award-winning website, WSLife.com, and state-of-the-art call center, the Client Relationship Center.
Backed by more than 125 years of financial strength, Western & Southern Life has been providing its clients with superior personalized service since 1888. The company holds the 2014 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer® designation awarded by Victory Media, publisher of “G.I. Jobs” and “Military Spouse.”
Located in exciting downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, Western & Southern provides associates a host of benefits, including medical and dental coverage, life insurance, company-funded pension plan, 401(k), free fitness facility, free on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 30+ days ago