Team Lead (C Series)
As a Team Lead at Caterpillar Inc., you will under general supervision, coordinate, oversee and monitor activities within a specific factory function such as Assembly, Logistics and Quality.
Job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Has knowledge of all assembly procedures, standard work schedules, quality requirements and build requirements in assigned work area.
- Uses various tools provided in the work area to perform assembly duties and may include the use of lifting devices to move heavy components of weights of more than 35 lbs.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Follows and utilizes CPS principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition
- Must meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Contributing team member.
- Train new and develop existing employees.
- Liaison between team members and section managers.
- Job duties may include the following:
- First point of contact for questions related to employee job functions.
- Performance of administrative functions and may be accountable for daily team PQVC metric boards.
- May provide input on schedule/build adjustments
- May communicate with cross-functional leaders.
- Relies on independent decision-making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
- Communicate potential build schedule, inventory or manpower issues and solutions to section manager.
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods; Ability to perform repetitive operations; Ability to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Successful completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process and BCP Team Leader Selection Process
May 18, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-North Carolina-Sanford-SANFORD01-BCP Sanford NC Plant USA
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 7 months ago
Caterpillars may crawl, but this company isn't fuzzy about earthmoving machinery and agricultural equipment. Considered #1 in the...