Under the direction of Quality Institute leadership, facilitates and coordinates the activities of the team of core measure abstractors. Monitors and improves when necessary the quality and efficiency of the Team’s work; Prepares documentation and training experiences
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provides liaison with Trinity home office, external agencies such as CMS, Joint Commission, core measure vendors, and other team leaders within the Quality Institute.
2. Monitors accuracy of work performed by Team, using periodic auditing and agreed upon measurements for compliance with established benchmarks; Ensures timely, accurate information on Quality Reports (e.g., Trinity Health Clinical report card, Unit Care Team dashboard)
3. Identifies opportunities to collaborate with clinical champions to share Core Measure knowledge and improve performance.
4. Solicits input from core measure team to identify workflow processes, tools, equipment and other needs to meet accuracy, productivity targets and job satisfaction; serves as problem-solver and resource person for Team’s work; Maintains good rapport and cooperative relationships. Approaches conflict in a constructive manner; takes initial steps to resolve problems referred by Team members; identifies and makes recommendations for improvements; implements changes and assesses impacts; tracks outstanding issues until closure; prepares, coordinates and maintains procedural and work flow documentation;
5. Coordinates work schedules of staff to assure data submission deadlines are met
6. Demonstrates personal knowledge of procedures and processes unique to assigned Team; demonstrates ability to readily acquire new knowledge; maintains competency by attending and participating in on-site and external seminars and training sessions; Demonstrates knowledge and skills so that team can effectively interact with systems utilized by Quality Institute department (e.g., PowerChart, FirstNet, Quality Portal, Quantros,
7. Solicits input from other core measure staff and Quality Institute leadership to identify training and educational opportunities and needs; collaborates in training Team members; coordinates required training activities;
8. Shares the responsibility for effective communications of policy and procedural issues to Team members with Quality Institute leadership; Actively participates with system implementation including procedural documentation, process and system enhancement and testing procedures.
9. Demonstrates ability to motivate Team members to problem-solving using QI tools and techniques.
10. Actively participates in interviewing and hiring new Team members; provides input for selection and decision.
11. Assists Quality Institute leadership with Associate Rounding, evaluation of Team members performance;
12. Interacts positively with patients, clinical departments (managers and front-line users), Physicians, third-party vendors, home office, and others as necessary.
13. Promotes tidiness and organization of Team’s work area(s); coordinates acquisition and maintenance of necessary supplies and equipment operation.
14. Performs ad hoc projects related to unanticipated needs;
15. Maintains the confidentiality of information acquired pertaining to patient, physicians, employees, and visitors to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. Discusses patient and hospital information only among appropriate personnel in appropriately private places.
16. Behaves in accordance with Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital System values of service, justice, mercy, human dignity and preferential option for the poor.
Supplemental Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge of the Core Measure job description Ability to perform tasks as written in Core Measure job description.
Required Education, Experience and Licensure
1. Bachelors Degree in Health Information Management (R.H.I.A. certified) and/or Associate Degree in Health Information Technology (R.H.I.T. certified).
2. Minimum 3 years core measure abstraction experience
3. Demonstrated initiative-taking and leadership qualities
Required Skills and Abilities
Strong knowledge and ability of Core Measure Abstraction process for inpatient, outpatient, ER, and psychiatric. Understanding of ICD9 Coding and CPT assignments. Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with medical staff, other health center personal, team members, Quality Institute co-workers, patients, outside agency personnel, clinical champions and other SJMHS department representatives. Acts in a collaborative manner with the medical staff, other health center personal, team members, Quality Institute co-workers, patients, outside agency personnel, clinical champions and other SJMHS department representatives. Analytical ability to effectively and efficiently resolve a broad range of issues related to core measures. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Willingness to cooperate and work toward solutions, which support a common goal. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
Normal office environment
Travel to all SJMHS sites
- 20 months ago - save job