Overview Terex Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company and a global business leader that manufactures a broad range of equipment for the construction, infrastructure, quarrying, mining, shipping, transportation, refining and utility industries. The Company operates in four business segments throughout the world: Aerial Work Platforms, Construction, Cranes, and Materials Processing. Terex offers a complete line of financial products and services to assist in the acquisition of Terex equipment through Terex Financial Services. Responsibilities This position is responsible for the daily coordination of assigned area. This includes training and monitoring production processes of a small group of team members. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing a safe work environment, ensuring standard work is being performed, maintaining 5S levels, identifying and resolving quality issues, identifying and implementing poka yoke, addressing line stop/lost production issues, collecting data and maintaining visual displays, participating in RIP’s, and filling in for absent team members on an as needed basis per supervisor’s request.
- Studies daily production schedules and estimates team member hours and materials needed to complete assignments
- Interprets blueprints, specifications, and job orders such as engineering change notices to team members, makes and participates in assignments and conducts inspections of work
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality. Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment and tools that improve work flow, efficiency, and team member safety
- Trains new team members. Communicates company philosophies and policies, teaches and demonstrates work routines
- Maintains records of day-to-day activity including time and materials and process steps
- May set up and/or verify settings on production machines
- May inspect materials used in the manufacturing of Genie products
- Assembles equipment components, sub-assemblies, and accessories as required for the assigned stage of production and in coordination with a small team of co-workers
- Operates a variety of handheld and power-assisted tools and production fixtures
- Enters and retrieves production information onto a computerized data entry screen or a custom-designed form
- Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position Qualifications The position requires a complete understanding of all assembly and sub-assembly processes in the area of assignment sufficient to organize a small work team, train new team members, examine work results, and assemble equipment. Requires a working knowledge in the usage of automated production machinery, common hand tools, hand held power tools, fabricating equipment, and portable air tools such as a ratchet. Requires sufficient human relations skill to conduct one-on-one training and achieve harmony with team members. Requires sufficient problem-solving skills to troubleshoot situations such as labor and material shortages, tool and equipment problems, while maintaining productivity.
Terex - 18 months ago
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...