Emerging Health Information Technology is a wholly owned subsidiary of Montefiore Medical Center. Emerging Health IT, a healthcare IT consulting and professional services company, is a dynamic organization that provides hospitals and medical centers with world-class healthcare information solutions. We provide an exciting, fast-paced environment in which dedication and innovation are rewarded and where individuals can make a difference in the lives of patients. Join us in our mission to improve the quality of healthcare through advanced IT solutions! Emerging Health IT is located in Yonkers, NY.
The Team Lead works in a hands-on role in addition to providing guidance to a team. The Team Lead stays abreast of technological or business trends in the industry and provides business and technical expertise to team members. The Team Lead works closely with the manager to provide guidance to a team and may also function as a Project Manager. The Team Lead provides outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in day-to-day execution of advanced level technical activities.
- In conjunction with the manager, provide direction to a small team.
- Oversee assignments and the work of team members.
- Participate in planning the work, delegating effectively and following up with staff, to provide support and guidance.
- Participate in the evaluation of team members’ level of performance, to provide performance management.
- Participate in identifying training needs for team members.
- Participate in staffing decisions and promotion of team members.
- Assist Project Manager or Manager with project planning.
- Participate in developing program priorities, resource requirements, project scope, and objectives.
- Identify, analyze, and communicate risks and issues to project management.
- Provide high-level customer support and service. Mitigate escalations of client incidents and issues.
- Resolve issues through analysis and troubleshooting, vendor consultation, and utilizing other technical teams.
- Identify highly complex, non-routine issues and recommends corrective action. Develop solutions for new system requirements. Provide expertise on design and planning, and ensure that appropriate technical designs are implemented.
- Provide design review and/or code review, for efficiency and adherence to standards.
- Assess issues and provide enhancements to existing systems. Proactively analyze systems to identify potential issues and identify solutions
- Maintain a high level of technical expertise and business knowledge.
- Supply technical expertise and business systems guidance to manager and team.
- Assist in defining problems and objectives, describing the requirements, determining costs and benefits. Define technical issues as they relate to the business and the operational feasibility of the system.
- Ensure that requirements are benchmarked against vendor offerings to facilitate solutions to business or operational problems.
- Emerging Health is a professional services organization with a matrix reporting structure. Associate’s roles may differ depending on the project, however, their position and title remains the same.
Bachelor’s Degree or two to five years prior work related experience.
- Advanced level technical experience in field
- Leading or mentoring others
- Provide outstanding Customer Service and manage the high end customer issues or complex issues.
- ITIL, management and networking knowledge a plus.
- Must be available to work all shifts and be flexible to fill in off shift when staffing needs require
- Expertise in relevant operating systems and environments.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office and Outlook, Active Directory
- Previous experience working with ACD and problem ticket resolution system such as Computer Associates Service Desk.
- Documentation and Web Publishing knowledge. Familiarity with Knowledge Base concepts and design.
- Handle an average workload of at least 60 calls a day.
- Work independently on all tasks.
- Meet requirements of Level III Professional Competencies.
Montefiore IT - 17 months ago