We're looking for high-energy, process-focused people managers to run our East Coast fulfillment center. As a Team Lead, you'll direct the activities of 20-30 passionate and hard-working hourly associates in our Prep Kitchen, on our Pack Out Team, or in our Shipping and Receiving Department.
Your job is to motivate your team to complete its work on time and up to Blue Apron standards. Ensure the team follows all procedures consistently and drive measurable quantitative improvements in performance. Build and grow our operation right along with us by tackling projects large and small. Own food safety and team member safety. Ensure your team works in a clean, safe, and organized manner.
As we are a fast-growing and rapidly evolving start-up the ideal candidate is a self-starter who has 1-3 years of experience managing a small team. We're looking for leads with diverse backgrounds! Whether you've been managing in the restaurant/culinary world, in a retail store, or in the ranks of the military, you're well-qualified to join our team. Our fun and fast paced environment demands passion, multitasking, high attention to detail, the ability to perform with a sense of urgency, and keen problem solving and organization skills.
About the role
- Direct 20-30 associates by focusing on executing consistent and repeatable processes.
- Track and own your team's progress towards hitting deadlines and throughput numbers. Motivate your team and hold your team accountable to hitting performance standards and goals.
- Own safety and cleanliness of the team and of the food. Ensure the facility and associates comply with all state, federal and local regulatory agencies.
- Inspire passion and commitment. Develop and motivate your team. Ensure that Blue Apron is every team member’s favorite place to work!
- Collaborate with your peers and managers to improve how we run our operations. Own exciting projects.
- Grow right along with us! When you master one department, we'll move you to another. There are many growth paths from this position into operations management!
- You have at least 1 year of experience managing a small team.
- You're process-oriented and disciplined.
- You communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
- You work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- You’re excited to grow with Blue Apron!
- You have open availability. We work night and weekend shifts.
- As we handle fresh food, large parts of our facility are refrigerated. You are comfortable working in a cold environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or Culinary School degree strongly preferred.