State overall purpose of this position:
Assist department supervisor to achieve daily department goals and provide guidance to department employees.
List major activities, which must be performed in order to carry out the purpose of the position as described above:
Train new and incumbent employees on all procedures, policies and job skills needed to successfully perform their job.
Be a positive role model. Foster an atmosphere of harmony and cooperation within and between departments.
Prioritize the days work according to department guidelines.
Maintain open communication with department supervisor, informing them of employee concerns, safety issues, suggestions or matters that may jeopardize the department’s goals.
Assign employees to tasks according to daily department needs. Under the guidance of your supervisor adjust resources to support changes in business volume.
Assure work area is well organized, safe and clean.
Assure that all supplies and tools are readily available for employees.
Assist employees to meet department and company standards (including quality, productivity, housekeeping and safety).
Use tools (ex: IRMS, FDM4, department paperwork…) to research and resolve task oriented issues.
Maintain data and generate department reports.
Maintain open communication with other Leads to coordinate daily tasks.
Perform all department tasks.
Assure compliance with all safety regulations.
Perform housekeeping duties.
Serve as a member of the Distribution Center team, providing assistance as needed.
Specific knowledge, training or skills required to perform the duties of this position. Identify specific concepts, courses, training programs or required certifications.
Previous positions that are necessary background experience to qualify for this
- Flexibility with schedule; available to work overtime.
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Good written communication skills.
- Physical agility and stamina to stand, walk, bend and lift (up to 60 pounds).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of Alpha warehouse systems.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good math and reading skills.
- Strong organizational skills; must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Previous distribution center experience (packing, receiving, returns goods, etc…).
Broder Bros., Co. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard