The Team Leader role will be responsible for leading a designated production team. They will ensure all materials and supplies are available and accurate, team members are working efficiently, production goals are being attained, team documentation methods are accessible and accurately utilized, labels are printed and available, product quality is confirmed, production schedules are being closely monitored, issues are being communicated throughout, and PPE and safety guidelines are being followed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Materials/Supplies/Tools: Ensure team members have all materials, supplies, packaging, tools, and work order instructions to perform their job efficiently and safely.
o Ensure proper PPE is available and in use
o Provide proper tools to team members, (i.e. gloves, trimming tools, torches, secondary processing equipment, raw materials, etc.).
o Ensure all proper materials are available and ready for use at the work station in order to complete the current and upcoming work orders (i.e. boxes, poly bags, packaging materials, foam inserts, warrantee cards, insert pads, etc.).
- Team Member Work Assignments: Ensure team members are working efficiently, managing break/lunch rotation effectively and moving resources as needs arise.
o Assign team member work schedule each shift.
o Manage employee break and lunch rotations.
o Maintaining an open line of communication with other work teams and management as issues arise during the shift.
- Documentation Control: Ensure all work orders, scraps tickets, regrind documentation, over/under shortage tags, 5S/housekeeping audits, etc. are accurate and completed as required.
o Maintain highest level of accuracy on current work order production count and ensure shift to shift accuracy and handoff.
o Ensure immediate reporting of any potential material shortages, authorization is received to cut short any work order, and that production work orders are never overrun.
o Ensure all scrap is accurately entered into MATTEC.
o Ensure current machine status (i.e. # of cavities, part number, W/O, etc.) is updated in MATTEC.
- Work Order and Production Schedule attainment:
o Maintain ownership and management of the daily scheduling board (hour by hour).
o Ensure continuous updating of each work order.
o Ensure all work order characteristics (color, resin, inserts, description) are accurately identified on the scheduling board.
o Report and monitor performance to schedule attainment based on daily schedule board.
o Ensure MATTEC is up to date reflecting the current and upcoming orders in the schedule and verify all information within MATTEC is correct with the current order.
o Do not exceed production requirements unless authorized.
- Printing/Scanning labels:
o Print all product and package labels as required.
o Print and manage work orders according to the schedule.
o Scan finished goods production as required and ensure all POCR’S (WIP production) are submitted each shift.
o Perform basic printer maintenance to keep labels looking clear and professional.
- Communication, Team Work and Information Sharing: Ensure constant communication with process techs and maintenance, other work teams, supervisors, schedulers, other shifts, etc.
o Communicate all critical issues (i.e. technician, scheduling, safety, materials) immediately.
o Lead effective handoffs of each machine during shift change.
o Develop mutual respect and strong relationships with all team members.
o Strive to ensure all team members understand and achieve OKC team member expectations.
o Ensure all 5S and housekeeping standards are maintained at all times.
o Encourage all team members to be involved in the improvement process.
o Lead and encourage change for the sake of improving the business.
o Review and approve completed 1st article inspections.
o Ensure labels are accurate (i.e. NSF, Made in USA, part number, description, etc.).
o Ensure operators are following proper work instructions or specifications.
Minimum Level of Education
Diploma or Equivalent
- One plus years of equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- One year minimum team lead experience
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Demonstrated work ethic and proven track record
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.