Position: Team Lead/Business Analyst
Company: Equifax Workforce Solutions
Location: St. Louis, MO
The Team Lead/Business Analyst is responsible for analyzing product requirements and writing detailed functional specifications for a shared service, in the form of Epic and User Stories using the Agile process. The Business Analyst must be fluent in the Agile Process, daily standups, Scrums, Pre-grooming, and grooming sessions. The Team Lead/Business Analyst is responsible working with the Project Manager to guide the technical efforts of the team and any consulting resources. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the team is working on delivering the right requirements and that those requirements are properly approved, documented and tested. This role is responsible for a large amount of product documentation going beyond user stories to include product documentation, implementation guides and sales and marketing type documentation to help evangelize usage of the shared services.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Unique blend of business and technical savvy. Process oriented. Expert knowledge of software development process. Ability to write clear and detailed functional specification documents, turning technical concepts into design.
- Strong communication (listening, written and verbal) and presentation skills; meeting facilitation, strong follow-up, and excellent analytical skills.
- Communicate and document business goals, customer goals, end user goals
- Coordinate involvement of SMEs, users, and business stakeholders
- Establish flexible requirements gathering standards and practices
- Coordinate with other product owners/managers to insure coherence of product and releases
- Create, maintain and organize the product backlog into incremental releases
- Be available to answer questions and clarify details on user stories
- Participate in daily scrum meetings
- Specify objective acceptance criteria for stories
- Verify stories are done based on acceptance criteria
- Evaluate product at end of Sprint and add or remove stories from backlog as necessary
- Drive acceptance testing
- Assisting with determination of project time and resource requirements
- Acting as team liaison to QA
- Acting as a resource for product questions
- Acting as product expert of team to other business units and application teams
- Experience writing functional specs, user stories, business requirements, product specifications required
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years' experience as a business analyst or agile software development product owner in consumer-based website environments.
- Experience performing end-user interviews, leading requirements gathering sessions, and User Acceptance Testing
- Expert ability in requirements gathering, use case definition, business planning, data analysis, process analysis, business and functional requirements analysis, system design, testing implementation and change management
- Must have experience working in an Agile software development environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, preferably in Security, Marketing or Computer Science
- Ability to work in a fast paced, quickly changing environment. Able to juggle multiple assignments and project concurrently, and to prioritize and manage those projects to maximize output and minimize project bottlenecks.
- Experience in a .NET environment
- Ability to work well in a team environment and strong leadership abilities
- Experience with a geographically distributed development team.
- Ability to mentor and coach others
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and flexible environment
- Ability to work with business owners/stakeholders.
- Must have exceptional soft skills, including the ability to speak both technical and business
Preferred Skill and Experience:
Equifax empowers businesses and consumers with information they can trust. A global leader in information solutions, we leverage one of the largest sources of consumer and commercial data, along with advanced analytics and proprietary technology, to create customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
- Experience with C#, Oracle and PL/SQL a plus
- Financial services industry experience a plus
- Knowledge of Application Security a plus
With a strong heritage of innovation and leadership, Equifax continuously delivers new innovative solutions with the highest integrity and reliability. Businesses - large and small - rely on us for consumer and business credit intelligence, portfolio management, fraud detection, decisioning technology, marketing tools, and much more. We empower individual consumers to understand their personal credit information, protect their identity, and maximize their financial well-being.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Equifax Inc. operates in the U.S. and 16 other countries throughout North America, Latin America and Europe. Equifax is a member of Standard & Poor´s (S&P) 500® Index. Our common stock is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol EFX.
The foundation of Equifax is our talented, dedicated employees. Our mission is to deliver world- class information solutions to businesses and consumers. We accomplish our goals by drawing upon the experience, energy and teamwork of our employees in a growing, dynamic, and fun place to work.
As a global company Equifax offers a competitive benefits package specific to each geographic location. We provide our employees and their families with programs that will enhance their well-being and security.
Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and we positively value diversity within our organization.
Equifax is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work place.
For more information about our company, please visit:
Years of Experience
United States-Missouri-St. Louis
Equifax is a global leader in consumer, commercial and workforce information solutions that provide businesses of all sizes and consumers...