Previous hotel experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
• Ability to read and speak English and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
• Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 10 person hourly staff.
• Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
• Associate may be asked to travel to cover additional sites during the Manager's absence.
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
Assists the Hotel Manager in managing the property operations on a day-to-day basis, to assure optimum performance and continual improvement in the Key Performance Indicators (GREAT, REACH, DANCE, DRIVE, FRESH, Safe WATCH, Making it Right and Stop the Leaks). Resolves guest and employee issues, and performs other duties as required to develop efficiency and profitability in all aspects of property management. Assumes the Hotel Manager's responsibilities when required. Assures 100% guest satisfaction.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
• Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and employees.
• Ensure associates at the property are driving the Company initiatives (GREAT, REACH, DANCE, DRIVE, FRESH, Making it Right, Safe WATCH and Stop the Leaks)
• Assists the Hotel Manager in maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
• Assists Hotel Manager in monitoring in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables, commission payments by vendors, and issuance of refund checks.
• Assists with monitoring monthly inventory of supplies and equipment. Ensures that day to day purchases made are within budget and with approved vendors.
• Promotes 100% guest satisfaction throughout the property. Instills 100% guest satisfaction objective to hourly associates.
• Serves as first level of contact for Guest Service issues. Resolves guest issues or determines necessity to escalate to GM, District Manager or Corporate Guest Service Manager.
• Conducts telemarketing and/or sales calls to assist Hotel Manager with sales activities.
• This includes serving as a team lead to all other hourly staff members in the performance of daily work activities.
• Trains employees on Company standards and job performance expectations when the Hotel Manager is not available.
• Upholds and Enforces ESH standards and policy compliance at the hotel level.
• Assists with all sales related activities to increase occupancy.
• Supports the Hotel Manager by seeking out potential business in local market.
• Makes sales calls and participates in telemarketing activities.
• Provides other relief or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage as per Company standards, housekeeping, and other duties when needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
• Inspects guest rooms.
• Performs duties in all departments when needed.
• Actively reviews and monitors Social Media websites.
HVM's guests need not worry about wearing out their welcome. The company manages under contract some 685 Extended Stay hotels...