(Briefly describe the purpose of the position): Primarily responsible to lead the design, development, testing and implementation of custom software applications and off the shelf technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties and responsibilities in order of importance)
- Develop software (hands on code development) to meet key business objectives.
- Design and develop applications using Net Framework 2.0 and 3.5, C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, XML, HTML, DHTML, AJAX, WCF, TFS, Silverlight, LINQ, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 on windows platform.
- Exposure to sharepoint object model. Hands on with customizations with MOSS 2007 and/or MOSS2010
- Exposure to MVC platform is preferred.
- Gather business requirements and develop conceptual design and technical design for multiple projects concurrently.
- Evaluate alternative solutions and recommend solution that best meets the need of the business.
- Translate user requirements into overall solution architecture for complex technical solutions.
- Communicate with offshore team and coordinate requirements and enhancements.
- Review computer system capabilities, work flow and scheduling limitations to determine if requested program or program change is possible within existing system.
- Recognize, identify and document potential areas where existing business processes require change, or where new processes need to be developed, and make recommendations in these areas.
- Work independently and resolve complex problems with limited supervision.
- Conduct peer review of other developers (internal and contract staff) to ensure standards and quality.
- Recommend, schedule and perform software improvements and updates.
- Conduct studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs.
- Define and plan software releases in accordance with other software applications.
State Plan / Department Specific Duties and Responsibilities (List all essential duties other than those listed above in order of importance)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities ( List all knowledge, skills and abilities that are necessary to perform the job satisfactorily)
- Knowledgeable of industry standard quality norms, software development best practices, project management methodologies and estimation processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by Molina’s policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
List other duties which are of secondary importance and marginal to the position’s purpose.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with onsite/offshore model and software development life cycle process.
- Experience in creating artifacts including SRS, design documents, architecture documents, test plans and test cases.
- Experience with Net Framework, BizTalk C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, Java Script, XML, HTML, DHTML, Microsoft SQL Server 2005 on windows platform.
- Experience with UML in creating use cases sequence diagrams and class diagrams.
Working environment is generally favorable and lighting and temperature are adequate. Work is generally performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to unpleasant and/or hazardous working conditions. Ability to sit for long periods.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NUMBER OF DIRECT REPORT(S): NUMBER OF INDIRECT REPORT(S):
TITLES OF DIRECT REPORT(S):
- The information in this position description indicates the general nature and level of work to be performed. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, change in personnel, workload, or technical development).
Navigating the murky waters of federal health care plans is no easy feat, but Molina Healthcare's mission is to help Medicaid and...