Orica is the world's largest provider of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, the global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and the leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction.
Orica also supplies general chemicals across a diverse range of markets, including agriculture, building and construction, food and beverage, pharmaceutical and personal care, plastics, pulp and paper and water treatment industries.
Headquartered in Melbourne, Australia, Orica is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange with a diverse workforce of over 15,000 people from more than 130 nationalities and has operations in more than 50 countries and customers in more than 100.
At Orica, we're committed to developing tomorrow's technologies and solving today's challenges for our customers.
We currently have a vacancy for a Team Lead to manage and oversee our Salcha Manufacturing Plant. You will troubleshoot, develop and manage the plants processes and productivity while accomplishing corporate goals in a safe and profitable manner. You will also be responsible for developing business, maintain relationships and continually strategizing to increase market share. You will be responsible for >3M worth of Orica assets.Essential Duties: Safety, Health & Environment
- Active management of HSE program including JSERAs, Emergency Plan, Change Notices, Waste Management, Vital stats reporting and all other critical/core procedures.
- Pro-actively address any safety concerns and ensure Personal Protective Equipment is worn at all times.
- Communicate Orica Safety standards to employees, vendors, and customers.
- Direct HSE and compliance activities including training, OSHA, MSHA, DOT, state blasters and ATF licensing.
- Ensure mandatory training of all employees completed and documented. Manage employee training plans.
- Performance Measures: Reduce number of accidents, incidents and near misses both with employees and vehicles.
- Provide analytical/decision support to area manager on continuous improvement plan for growing sales/profit and decreasing operational costs.
- Participate in the short, medium, and long-term planning activities of the site including monthly reporting of financial and sales data.
- Assist in preparation of sales forecasts, fixed cost budgets, capital, staffing, and equipment requirements as per Resource Model requirements.
- Performance Measures: Meet sales, fixed cost and margin predictions.
- Pro-actively recruit, select, train and retain employees with key skills.
- Complete objective setting and performance evaluations of all staff.
- Performance Measures: Demonstrate upgraded talent and competencies of the organization through people.
- Complete mandatory monthly inventory, safety meetings, annual Letter of Assurance and SHE Action Management requirements.
- Forward required documents to JJ Keller for driver qualification compliance with DOT standards.
- Ensure that good housekeeping, record keeping, and preventative maintenance programs are in place.
- Schedule daily activities of employees to meet customer requirements and ensure proper management of site including raw material ordering, accurate and timely invoicing, an preventative maintenance.
- Performance Measures: Ensure best product mix utilized to minimize cost while maintaining plant performance level.
- Maintain, develop, and increase Orica accounts in a safe and profitable manner while meeting corporate goals and improving customer satisfaction.
- Regular and timely communications/scheduling with customers seeking opportunities for improving Orica services. Participate in BOT/BRAD process.
- Performance Measures: Acquire new business and maintain current accounts.
- Competitive salary plus a structured bonus
- Relocation assistance for the right candidate
- Company car
- Two weeks’ vacation
- Excellent benefit package
- Endless training and development opportunities.
Qualifications & Experince
- BS/BA degree or higher in appropriate field or equivalent work experience.
- MSHA designation and knowledge of State regulations
- Commercial Driver’s License preferred
- Blasting License preferred
- Ability to clear thorough background checks and medicals
- Strong knowledge of the challenges involved in transportation and distribution within Alaska
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a leadership position within a manufacturing or distribution environment with a focus on customer service.
- Knowledge of blasting and operations within mining or construction
- Ability to analyse/impact financial data utilizing SAP, Resource Modelling, and QOMS database.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and the Internet.
- Mechanical comprehension of operations and maintenance of a manufacturing facility
- Strong leadership skills within diverse teams
- Customer Service
- Safety Awareness
- Organization, attentive to detail, time management and quality control.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Orica USA Inc. and Orica Canada Inc. are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and a drug free workplace. Orica provides a rich, competitive benefits package for both full-time and part-time employees. Apply online to be considered for a new career today!
- Fast paced workload with time pressure and decision making responsibilities.
- Moderate physical stress with occasional long hours and moderate travel.
- Close contact with blast crews and management.
- Work Environment involves being outside in all types of weather and also working in office setting.
- Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling and carrying up to 60 pounds.
- Strong manual dexterity, sitting, standing, walking, and occasional reaching and bending.
- Other Activities include frequent bending and squatting during preparation for shots.
Orica USA - 7 months ago