Job Purpose: Assist the Unit Manager by giving day-to-day direction for collection staff in performing daily responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Perform collections activity based on collection queue/production goals.
- Work with Unit Manager to ensure the collection staff is capable of handling current production goals within department(s).
- Assist in training new staff by demonstrating sound collections practices, participating in role plays, monitoring new hire calls and providing feedback. Provide feedback to Unit Manager on new hire progress, surfacing issues or other actions that should be taken to improve/maintain success.
- Provide first level help to collections staff by answering questions, reviewing FDCPA regulations, participating in talk offs, addressing escalated issues, researching customer accounts or providing feedback to staff.
- Participate in weekly taping sessions with Unit Manager and staff members as assigned.
- Perform weekly QA audits in each company. Achieve and maintain acceptable scores and functions as outlined in the QA program. Maintain prompt and accurate documentation outlining all steps of the QA program that have been taken in individual organized files. Fill out the proper forms. Audit the assigned number of accounts per day following a set schedule. Forms will be completed and turned in within required timelines.
- Provide feedback to Unit Manager on staff performance.
- Maintain a working inventory of accounts equal to 75% of the volume a normal collection inventory would carry. Also manage a queue of problem accounts and make follow-up calls or provide other supervisory resolution action as needed. Ensure proper follow-up by seeing that the inventory of problem accounts never exceeds 25 on a daily basis. Escalate problems as deemed appropriate. Monthly fee goals will be adjusted to account for the 25% of a Team Leads time spent off of their collection desk supporting their staff members.
- Prepare daily and weekly reports as needed as to the status of the MTD production goals.
- Conduct weekly Rap sessions with staff members and provide updates to the Unit Manager regarding issues discussed. The goal of this meeting is to provide the staff an open forum to discuss collection related issues that affect clients, co-workers, the company etc.
- Document meetings and provide collection staff the notes for follow-up. Maintain Rap session scheduling and notify Unit Manager of such schedule.
- All other duties as assigned
- Knowledge: Working knowledge of collections. Capable of meeting production goals. High school diploma or equivalent plus advanced relevant formal training.
- Experience: Minimum 2 to 3 years experience in collections, customer service or equivalent with a proven track record of meeting production goals on a regular basis with experience in providing training and feedback to less experienced collectors. Experience with standard office software products a must.
- Skills/Aptitudes: Demonstrated communication and problem solving skills and the ability to act/decide accordingly. Ability to collect, create and research complex or diverse information. Exceptional customer service and the ability to plan organize and exercise sound judgment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required. The Outsource Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/D/V.
Indeed - 18 months ago
The Outsource Group, a Parallon® company, is a leading revenue cycle management company serving hospitals and physician practices. Our...