: The Team Lead is responsible for operating a forklift for the purposes of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, and counting freight. Team Leads are responsible for coordinating work efforts in the following areas: shipping, receiving, returns, putaway and/or picking.
Key responsibilities to include:
Functions may vary dependant on areas of operation.
- Accuracy of all shipments
- Act as first step in issue resolution process before notifying the supervisor
- Following all customer requirements
- Assist supervision/management as needed
- Able to complete all tasks that would be given to warehouse associates
- Follow company policies, guidelines and work instructions
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Ensure tasks are completed in accordance with documented work instructions.
- Assist with work instruction training.
- Ensure tasks are completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Ensuring work is distributed evenly across team.
- Ensure all company rules are followed.
- Provide good communication and motivational techniques for team members.
- Assign assistance to other associates that may need the help.
- Oversee temporary associates working in their area and dismiss temporary associates in a timely manner when job is complete.
- Ensure all temporary associates are not working longer hours then full-time permanent associates.
- In the absence of the supervisor, provide leadership for all associates working in that area and assume the duties necessary to complete the tasks for that day.
- Provide supervisors with information regarding labor needs to meet customer demands.
- Assist in project management. (re-boxing, labeling, etc.)
Safety, Housekeeping, Security
- Maintain a professional manner in appearance and communications at all times.
- Participate in staff and/or customer meetings if required.
- Develop PC and tablet skills to perform any reports, label preparation, unit to unit moves, and/or any type of PC/tablet function necessary for that area.
Responsibility and Authority
- Promote and encourage site safety with associates.
- Report and correct any unsafe conditions or equipment within the facility.
- Glad locks, wheel chocks, safety knives, forklift lights must be used at all times.
- Safety glasses, seat belts, and ID badges must be worn at all times.
- Follow posted security procedures at all times while in the building.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work/lunch room area.
- Will be required to participate in cleaning days.
- Initiate action to prevent the occurrence of any non-conformities relating to product, process, and quality systems.
- Identify and record any issues relating to product, processes and/or quality.
- Initiate, recommend, or provide solutions through appropriate channels.
- Verify the implementation of solutions.
EDUCATION: High School degree
PHYSICAL REQUIRMENTS: Stand, walk, or be mobile for up to an eight hour shift; ascend and descend from a forklift; lift, push, and pull up to 50 lbs; bend, twist and reach to check freight, stack boxes, and label.
EXPERIENCE: 1 to 3 years preferred.
Candidates are required to operate a forklift and to successfully complete the forklift training program. Passing the forklift certification test within 2 attempts is a requirement. Candidates should have good communication skills, written and oral. PC, leadership and planning skills are also helpful.
The above job description may not include all tasks necessary to complete the job. The job description is a listing of the most common tasks the associate will be required to perform in that job area. Team Leads will be required to perform all of the above listed tasks.
UTi is an EEO
UTi Worldwide Inc. is a holding company, through its subsidiaries, operates as an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and...