TEAM LEAD – FOUR WINDS HEALTH (Internal)
Location: Metro Atlanta Area Employee Type: Full-Time
Start Date: Immediate Reports to: Practice Manager
In addition to performing various medical support duties (patient service representative &/or back office support), the Team Lead serves as a resource for all other office staff, supports and participates as an active member of the care teams. Will mentor, orient, and train new staff members. Is responsible for keeping track of inventory and ordering supplies.
Current Wage + Team Lead Stipend
- Currently in good standing with WellStreet Urgent Care.
- Extensive knowledge of front & back office polices and standards.
- Performs role of Patient Services Representative &/or Back Office.
- Demonstrates effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers, and other colleagues.
- Demonstrates leadership capabilities
- Demonstrates a high level of responsibility and accountability
- Demonstrates working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific).
- Demonstrates working knowledge of clinical operations.
- Demonstrates establish and maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.
- Demonstrates above average organizational/leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrates professional/positive attitude.
This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
- Able to perform the duties of Patient Services Representative, including but not limited to, documenting patient information before & after examination on Altruist, verifying insurance eligibility and determining patient payment responsibility, scanning, filing, and faxing documents, receiving requests for medication and preparing prescriptions for the signature by physician, filing bills for patients, receiving money and undertaking any bank procedures, perform general administrative duties.
- Log management including but not limited to the following: Lab, X-Ray, Open/Close, EKG.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory system (in accordance with state specific guidelines) as directed by center practice manager and site director.
- Ensures availability of drug stock supply, other supplies, and equipment by completing an inventory list and submitting supply requests.
- With training and support, develops expertise in front desk role, such as answering phones, patient intake/check-in, discharge, insurance verification, and record processing.
- Performs on-going training and development for front and back office personnel.
- Shares and receives information, opinions, concerns, and feedback in a supportive manner.
- Works collaboratively by building bridges, and creating rapport with back office personnel and patient service representative team members.
- Mentors and orients new back office personnel and patient services representatives.
- Maintains high level working knowledge of all aspects of EMR from intake through billing. Interacts with the appropriate team members to ensure best practices and compliance.
- Ensures all site level team members have adequate training for their assigned role and notifies site practice manager of any recognized gaps
- Site lead for all compliance initiatives including but not limited to X-ray, lab, OSHA, Stericycle, body substance isolation / biohazard / sharps
- Internal candidates must demonstrate content expertise with regards to Standard Operating Procedure / Policy and Procedure.
- Performs other duties as assigned.