- Lead a team in defining, designing, and implementing a complex, high-traffic, multi-tier website.
- Lead by example, develop team members, take an active role in hiring for your team.
- Segment and design system layers to support component and layered application development, including user interface, business functionality, and database access.
- Work with your team, other teams, product managers, QA, and operations to develop solutions that meet the business’ product requirements and deliver good performance, scalability, and reliability.
- Work with other leads to plan sprints and deliver solutions for business requirements (stories).
- Contribute to platform architecture decisions.
- Meet realistic implementation schedules and adhere to development goals and principles.
- Share release management duties during feature rollouts and share on-call responsibilities.
- Develop industry and product technical expertise.
- Significant experience in leading teams, hiring star developers, developing/mentoring team members and building an outstanding working environment.
- Significant experience with OOD, transactional services, concurrent programming, asynchronous and event driven systems along with web application development.
- Extremely strong core Java knowledge.
- Significant experience with Spring Framework in projects that need to scale.
- A passion for elegant architecture, data modeling, problem solving and dealing with scaling issues.
- Extensive experience with Hibernate or JPA and MySQL.
- Experience with continuous integration and automated testing of service layers.
- Thirst for exploring leading edge technologies.
- Ability to balance and prioritize tasks across a team and deliver on commitments.
- Be able to have fun!
- Prefer experience with Apache, Tomcat, JMS and/or AMQP, SOLR, MySQL, Linux/Unix, Spring core & MVC, JPA and/or Hibernate, REST, AJAX, XML, JSON, JQuery and perhaps some Java EE.
Advanced Diploma or Equivalent
eBay - 18 months ago
The world’s leading e-commerce company, eBay Inc. brings together a family of brands that connect communities. Built on commerce,...