Plymouth Rock, founded in 1982 by Jim Stone, former Massachusetts Insurance Commissioner, is a privately held insurance company that writes personal and commercial lines of business in the Northeastern United States. Today, Plymouth Rock, with more than $1billion in premiums underwritten and serviced, is comprised of a group of companies that were started or acquired to expand product offerings, channels of distribution, and the geographic footprint. With more than 800,000 policyholders, Plymouth Rock writes insurance through more than 800 independent agents.
The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1,600 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts.
General Purpose of Job:
Sell auto and homeowners insurance for Owned Agency, Central Assurance Agency, via inbound and outbound sales calls. The Team Lead will be expected to spend approximately 70% of their staffed time handling sales calls and 30% of their time assuming a leadership role and acting as a resource for a group of 8-10 Sales Specialists. The Team Lead will report directly to the Sales Supervisor.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In addition to fulfilling the responsibilities of a Sales Specialist, the Team Leader will be responsible for the following:
- The Team Leader will be required to spend approximately 70% of their staffed time handling sales calls and 30% of their time assuming a leadership role and acting as a resource for 8-10 Sales Specialists.
- 5+ years experience required in a sales oriented position within an insurance agency/direct sales center or comparable business acumen .
- Will assume team leader responsibilities in regards to staff development and processes to ensure high quality service to all customers and to enhance sales, and underwriting performance.
- Perform daily activities including answering staff inquiries, and handling escalated issues.
- Initiate and foster teamwork within the team to create and maintain an environment of partnership, quality service, and superior sales results.
- In depth knowledge of all products being offered.
- Provide feedback to management and staff in regards to sales strategies and technique successes.
- Identify training/development needs within the team and coordinate resources to conduct necessary training.
- Serve as a team lead resource on sales process, procedures, and techniques by maintaining and enhancing product, process, communication and sales skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Products (WORD, EXCEL, Internet)
- Analytical skills to understand complex coverage details and underwriting guidelines.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or equivalent work experience is required.
- Must maintain an active NJ Property and Casualty Insurance license.
- Shift, weekend and/or holiday work may be required.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to colleagues through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor(s) and Director.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to work independently, perform on a high level of competency while meeting or exceeding deadlines.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation
- 2 years ago - save job