To ensure that Lean Manufacturing principles are applied in the assembly process and to provide coaching to new and current employees on Lean activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work on the production line at least 50% of the time.
2. Work closely with Group Leads, Process Technicians and ME's to enhance ergonomics and overall flow of processes.
3. Drive continuous improvement through facilitation of Kaizen/Blitz events and constant review of current practices (i.e. container quantities, kanban pick quantities, work cell optimization, etc.).
4. Establish and maintain work area WIP, Safety and 5S standards.
5. Work closely with Quality on FTQ problem solving and rework issues.
6. Complete special projects (i.e. designing/building tables, racks, etc.) to enhance work areas.
7. Train current and new employees on Lean practices.
8. Complete Lean, and other company provided training as required.
9. Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Must be a current Polaris full-time employee with acceptable performance and attendance.
2. Must have a proven track record of valuable continuous improvement experience (i.e. cell team leader with successful results).
3. Must have good organizational, communication and facilitation skills
4. Must have a passion for continuous improvement
5. Must be familiar with AS400, and Microsoft Office software
6. Must have completed Polaris Team Leader Training, or have the ability to do so.
Polaris Industries - 2 years ago
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...