As a CPS Team Lead you will be assisting the members of your team and be responsible for meeting regional PQVC (people, quality, velocity, cost ) goals.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Checking the use of protective devices.
- Checking shifts and ensuring all staff are attending their shifts. Monitoring attendance on development meetings.
- Providing reports for Section Managers about disciplinaries
- Supporting the team of 5-10 members assigned to you
- Temporarily taking over tasks of other Team Leaders or members of staff if necessary
- Assisting new staff with training.
- Supporting Section Managers and Production Managers in developments and reaching 'future state'. Development of Standardized work processes, 5S, TPM. Poke-Yoke tips, overtime, ratio, absence.
- Responsible for quality and quantity of arriving materials to your area.
- Ensuring that the finished products meets standard quality requirements. (important factor: quantity of rejected products by next operation)
- Responding to ANDON signs. e.g. lack of material, unexpected breakdown of machinery, lack of equipments or tools.
- Supporting constant improvement with your Team's ideas (T-cards) and implementing/supporting T-card ideas, paying extra attention to Safety and Security.
- Participating in RIW, actively taking part in 6 Sigma and CPS projects.
- Managing board each hour.
- Passing on information amongst shifts and areas.
- Responsible for IRA and POU index and root cause analysis of problems.
- Engineering Drawing reading skills
- Technical background
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Leadership skills (experience is not obligatory)
Your road to fulfillment is built through a Caterpillar career. As part of the talented Caterpillar team, you discover the satisfaction of working for a global leader that is making sustainable progress possible.
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Relocation assistance is available for this job opening.
This job position is located in Prentice, WI
Full time with Benefits
This job opening will close at midnight (CST) on January 22, 2014.
Jan 22, 2014, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Wisconsin-Prentice-PRENTICE01-CAT Forest Products WI
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...