CADES is looking for a Team Manager to supervise two adult residential homes in Delaware County. The Team Manager is responsible for the day to day functioning of the home, including the supervision of staff and ensuring the safety of the home and individuals we serve. This is a full time position. Qualified candidates must be available for on-call hours, evenings, weekends and overnight.
Essential duties of the position include:
- Ensure the site is maintained and operates in compliance with the 6400 regulations and agency standards.
- Function as a member of the inter-disciplinary team. Attend all team meetings regarding the individuals we serve.
- Maintain effective working relationships with consumers, staff, other agencies and families to coordinate the delivery of services to the individuals we serve.
- Attend and participate in training, staff meetings, house meetings and team meetings.
- Obtain and maintain required training and certifications. Meet 24 hour annual training requirements in addition to agency required annual training.
- Use creativity to achieve department and agency goals. Initiate new ideas and systems to achieve department and agency missions.
- Participate in mock and regular licensing surveys. Ensure that the 6400 regulations are maintained throughout the year.
- Conduct interviews for potential direct support professionals, while the individuals we serve are onsite, to determine the best candidate for hiring.
- Train direct service professionals in all areas of care at the time of placement at the site and ongoing as needed.
- Arrange for trained substitute staff to fill in for vacant positions, call outs, vacation escorts and approved time off. Follow agency overtime policies and staffing policies.
- Observe and monitor daily skills of direct support professionals and address concerns immediately.
- Evaluate performance of direct care staff 6 weeks after hire, 6 months after hire, and annually.
- Participate in Individual Service Plans and team meetings. Implement and follow plans of support, and ensure all staff are trained and are following support plans.
- Schedule, transport and attend all consumer medical appointments and follow up on the recommendations of the medical professionals.
- Ensure all medication is on site, appropriately documented and secured
Hours: Varied based on needs of the program. Position includes evenings, weekends and on-call responsibilities.
- High school diploma and five years experience working with individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in human services with three years experience working with individuals with disabilities is preferred.
- Flexibility and the ability to adapt during high pressure situations
- Knowledge of program planning and outcomes
- Ability to plan, organize and motivate others
- Knowledge of DPW 6400 regulations.
- Clear Criminal History and Child Abuse history.
- Clear FBI clearance for any individual not living in Pennsylvania for the past two years
- Valid driver's license and acceptable three year driving record
- Must have and maintain adequate auto liability insurance
Prior experience working in a residential facility required. Prior supervision experience strongly preferred
Indeed - 17 months ago
At CADES, we place the highest value on respect, trust, and the dignity of each individual. Our family-centered and outcome-based approach...