Oklahoma Panhandle, North Texas Panhandle, Southwest Kansas, Central Oklahoma, and Northeast Colorado.
Attends to and cares for swine in all stages of production/development by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Education or Training Required:
- Follow procedures outlined by Farm Supervisor/Department Leaders/Cell Managers.
- Assist Farm Supervisor and Team Members in meeting production and cost requirements.
- Monitor feed quality and availability to livestock.
- Monitor water supply to animals.
- Clean and disinfect pens and alleys.
- Keep accurate records as needed.
- Follow stated vaccination programs.
- Treat sick animals as needed.
- Processing (castrating, tail docking, teeth clipping) all newborn piglets.
- Monitor barn/room environment and ventilation systems.
- Conduct breeding or farrowing activities as required.
- Perform load-out/load-in of animals as necessary.
- Assist in maintaining and cleaning farm sites.
- Remove dead animals or tissue as required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Experience Required (Length & Type):
One to three months related experience and/or training.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos preferred. Ability to write simple correspondence preferred. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and management. Bilingual skills preferred.
Seaboard Foods - 11 months ago
Seaboard Foods is one big pork project, but taxpayers should take heart -- the government has nothing to do with it. A subsidiary of...