Position Summary: Primary responsibility for managing selling floor and operational activities to maintain an environment that supports and strengthens our Staples brand. The team lead is responsible for coaching and mentoring our sales associates on building rapport, comfortably connecting and presenting solutions to identify and take action on selling opportunities throughout the store while creating a customer centric environment.. This individual must ensure high customer engagement while demonstrating the ability to multi task and assign operational needs appropriately based on customer traffic.
General Purpose: Leadership through “Manager on duty”, Coaching, Customer engagement, Model the way and reinforce consultative selling behaviors with team.
sales & service results
- Shows ability to lead and coach a team to strengthen and support our associates and customers
- Teaches and reinforces consultative selling behaviors that result in Managers and Associates delivering exceptional
provides a total solution to all customers
- Experience working on presenting solutions through creating an open and friendly customer centric environment that
sales and margin
- Demonstrates ability to coach and lead a team committed to operational excellence to drive profitable year over year
- Has a clear understanding of merchandising and retail operations
- Champion of Staples values; Own it, Say it like it is, Be Caring, keep it simple, and Work together
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Adheres to all company policy and procedures
Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast paced environment. Engages and inspires to achieve maximum performance with reinforcement of recognition tools as needed. Fosters a sense of energy, ownership, teamwork and personal commitment for themselves and the team. Involved in the selection, recruitment and performance assessments of sales associates.
Selling & Customer Service:
Models the way to create a customer centric environment and to ensure consistency across the store. Coaches every associate to create a culture of consultative selling and total solutions while focused on the customer’s needs. Support the services team through qualifying lead generation opportunities.
Holds themselves and the team accountable for flawless execution of operational excellence. Set clear expectations to establish group plans and maximizes operational excellence with minimal disruption to the customer experience. Will often be required to perform operational tasks as needed. Drive profitable sales and service. High integrity and ethical behavior as a keyholder for the store.
The Full Time Team Supervisor is the primary owner of Merchandising and Operations for the store
Essential Skills and Experienc
Engage & inspire, Value diversity & Inclusion, Adapt productively, Coach effectively
Selling & Customer Service:
Anticipate service needs, Ensure optimized operational energy, Foster open
Planning, Managing execution, Results orientated
Preferred skills and experience
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Some College
- Three to five years of key holder experience within a retail en
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.