Job Posting |
The Team Lead Unix/Linux will provide both technology and operational leadership for Covance’s global Unix/Linux Server infrastructure. This will include developing and maintaining a consistent, flexible and reliable server environment; which facilitates project delivery, agility, and operational efficiency. The incumbent will also partner with Infrastructure Leads and Enterprise Architects in defining technology strategy, standards, best practices, and top quality operational processes for the Covance Unix/Linux Server environment. The Team Lead will also over-see the day-to-day operational support of the environment including: new system delivery, change requests, proactive availability and performance monitoring, preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and the resolution of system issues.
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent demonstrated work experience
• 15+ years experience engineering, building, and supporting a large heterogeneous multi-data center computing environment of at least 1000 servers
• Demonstrated proficiency with:
• Significant, large-scale automation, provisioning and/or systems management implementation experience
• Day to day operational stability
• Process improvement & cost efficiency
• Internal sponsored objectives that improve services and operational efficiency
• Asset and Configuration Management
• Security & Patch Compliance
• Hardware and Software Lifecycle Management
• Proactive Infrastructure monitoring
• Capacity Planning
• Disaster Recovery
• Demonstrated technical skills planning, implementing and supporting the following technologies:
• Linux on x86 – including all aspects of operating system provisioning, management, troubleshooting, operational stability, and lifecycle management
• Solaris version 8 – 10 on variety of SUN servers
• HP-UX on both PA-RISC and Integrity platforms
• Broad and thorough understanding of the entire Unix/Linux Server ecosystem, including boot configuration, storage/volume management, security, infrastructure services, etc.
• Wide range of experience with x86/x64 and Itanium server hardware platforms, preferably HP Proliant, blades, and enclosures or Cisco UCS
• Experience running Linux and HP-UX VM as a guest operating system within multiple Virtual Server platforms, i.e. ESX Server, XenServer, Oracle VM, etc.
• Through understanding of DNS, Internet, TCP/IP, routing concepts, proactive capacity planning and performance monitoring using tools such as vCenter Configuration Manager, vCenter Operations Manager, Hyperic, SCOM, SCCM, LANDesk
• Good knowledge of industry best practices and trends in the Unix/Linux Hardware/Software space
• Proven track record of acting as a strategic partner with IT leadership
• Proven ability to influence and interact effectively with peers and IT leaders
• Innovative team player with strong analytical problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Strong crisis and vendor management
• Exceptional organization, communication and follow-through
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. (M/F/D/V). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
Covance - 10 months ago
Covance Inc. is a drug development services company providing a range of early-stage and late-stage product development services on a...