The Technical Writer must have EXPERIENCE developing Tech Manuals in work package format in accordance with MIL-STD-3001 or equivalent using SGML/XML to S1000D DTDs. (Preparation of Digital Technical Information for Multi-Output Presentation of Technical
Manuals). Candidate must be able to name manuals that they have authored. Must have Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, Adobe Suite, and other applications, including interactive manuals and desktop publishing.
- Must have experience using authoring system MIL-STD-3001 or equivalent using SGML/XML to S1000D DTDs.
- Researches, documents and develops detailed operator, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures, checklists, technical specifications, alert bulletins, training materials and other procedures and reports.
- Collects and accumulates appropriate technical information and data through researching and analyzing technical data and publications, engineering drawings, test procedures, design specifications/documentation, software description documents, engineering
documents and by interviewing technical experts.
- Ensures documents are developed in accordance with the requested specifications and contractual requirements.
- Ensures final materials clearly and effectively communicate the technical information and data.
- Coordinates technical document reviews and approval signatures, which may include appropriate security classification prior to document distribution.
Candidate must have a minimum of 3 years experience in technical writing in the development of technical manuals and training documentation for the DoD.
Desired HS and Associates in Business Journalism or Technical Writing and Work Processing Certificates; Preferred a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree in Business Administration or Engineering.
A Secret Clearance is preferred. Candidate must also have the ability to obtain and maintain a common access card.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a NCAC or CAC (common access card).
Trandes is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer AAP/M/F/V/D. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Trandes is committed to hiring veterans and working to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities.
Trandes supports a Drug Free workplace and eVerify.