Tech Operations Intern, (Paid)
Time Frame: Summer 2013
Location: Baltimore, MD
Hours: Full-time 40 hours/week
The mission of AOL Technologies is to drive innovation, technical excellence and the best experiences to our 250 million customers every day. We succeed when our customers get the best products and services, and our teams get energized and have fun delivering value and top-notch performance to each and every one of them.
The Technical Operations Intern will be responsible for providing technical support to internal and external clients on all Advertising.com products. This includes the duties outlined below.
• Troubleshoot and track technical issues, via a “trouble ticketing” solution.
• Provide support to internal and external customers to build product/platform knowledge and resolve issues.
• Follow standards for communications with business involving Operational issues.
• Own production operational issues for products by issuing initial response, data gathering, tracking, and resolution where possible as well as determining escalation protocol based on the nature of the issue.
• Handle system administrative duties for production and non-production systems, including:
o Account setup o Configure access of different elements in each system o Perform other activities and duties as requested. • Work with levels tier 2, and 3 teams to address defects.
• Be available to work in an 8 hour shift other than 9am to 5pm EST M-F.
• Perform other activities and duties as requested.
• Strong analytical skills
• Working knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems
• Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer service skills, with strong written and verbal communications.
• Ability to be on call 24x7 on a rotating basis.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and employees, along with working with external clients, or customers.
• Ability to respond to frequent demands of multiple customers (internal and external).
• Experience with programming languages and different operating systems desired.
• Applicant will be a self starter with a strong desire to grow both technically and in their knowledge of Advertising.com business.
Education / Experience :
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in a Technical/Computer Science discipline or equivalent experience.
• 0-1 years experience in technical support, or relevant combination of education and experience.
• Or relevant combination of education and experience.
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too. At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL - 12 months ago
Though it's no longer a part of Time Warner, AOL is still serving America online. The Web portal serves users with an array of content...