Responsible for managing the resources dedicated to field operations and ensuring customers receive the highest level of quality service during installation and repair of all Suddenlink products. Has responsibility and authority to interview, hire, coach, train, discipline and monitor evaluations of Broadband Technicians in a team environment. Works with other members of the management team to develop and implement strategic plans to achieve department goals regarding the acquisition and service of customers
• Maximize customer satisfaction by working with other departments to resolve customer issues. Maintains effective communications and professional working relationships with customers and internal personnel.
• Ensure organizational objectives are met by working with supervisors to develop, train and motivate our broadband technicians.
• Conduct monthly meetings with supervisors to review overall performance of Broadband Technicians.
• Perform ongoing review of departmental performance by analyzing reports including budget and forecasts.
• Assures that the quality of installs, disconnects and repairs meet specified standards and customer expectations as defined within the system
• Help resolve complex customer problems as they are escalated.
• Provides strategic and tactical feedback to senior management on the integrity of the plant.
• Provides direction on inventory control and management of vehicles, tools and material checks for Broadband Technicians
• Assures company compliance with safety regulations while promoting safety awareness among employees.
• Assures compliance with all FCC rules and record keeping.
• Assures OSHA compliance with all rules and regulations pertaining to operations
• Facilitates investigation of theft of cable services complaints to verify nature of loss and recover equipment.
• Performs regular job inspections and rides along with Broadband Technicians to monitor and assess technical and customer service job quality and performance.
• Supervise and administer Company policies, EEO policies, hiring, termination practices and training and development
• Strategic and tactical responsibility in selecting, training, directing, and monitoring the performance of Supervisors, appraises performance and recommends salary actions and promotions, and evaluating employees.
• Partners with marketing to develop and implement programs designed to increase employee awareness of products.
• Monitor fleet readiness and maintenance to include repair needs, inventory levels, cleanliness, safety standards and recommendations for replacement.
• Effectively organizes workday to maximize productivity by utilizing proper time management techniques.
• Performs other functional area duties, as required to meet the business needs
The above accountabilities are not meant to reflect all duties specific to this job”.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Hand and finger dexterity to carry and to use tools and equipment as necessary
• Vision acuity: close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus; ability to differentiate between different sizes and colors of wires
• Ability to perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands and fingers to use a PC and other office equipment.
• Ability to walk and/or sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to effectively communicate in person, by telephone or by correspondence.
• Ability to work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to drive a company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Required - College degree or five years of telecommunications experience
• Required - three years supervisory/leadership experience
• Strong demonstration of interpersonal and computer skills.
• Requires organizational and time management skills including the ability to effectively prioritize assignments.
• Strong oral and written communications skills with supervisory/management experience.
• Experience in CATV technical operations preferred.
• Must have superior knowledge of appropriate data, video and telephony distribution systems.
• Demonstrated ability to coach and develop personnel.
• Requires valid NC driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
• Works in office and field environment.
• Climate-controlled office environment
• Field environment with exposure to adverse weather conditions
Please read carefully:
Suddenlink Communications is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Suddenlink Communications via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Suddenlink Communications. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Suddenlink Communications as a result of the referral or through other means.
Suddenlink - 7 months ago