Applies knowledge/skills to complex activities
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
- Demonstrates a depth and breadth of knowledge/skills in own area and is often able to apply these outside of own function
- Often acts as a technical resource to others in own function
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively identifies solutions
- Solves complex problems on own; proactively identifies new solutions to problems
- Plans, prioritizes, organizes and completes work to meet established objectives
- Answer and resolve inbound technical calls at a large corporate Help Desk, efficiently and professionally, in a fast paced call center environment
- Troubleshoot corporate applications with the use of a Knowledge Base and assign issues to the appropriate support group as needed
- Follow all escalation procedures according to service level agreement
- Use remote control tool to assist end user when needed
- Provide an accurate record of each call in an incident management tracking tool
- Proficiency in Microsoft office products, Windows XP, Outlook, remote control tools, VPN, and Networking. Experience with documenting tickets in an incident tracking system
Key Qualities:IT Desktop support experience - 2+ yrs on Windows XP and Windows 7 operating systems
Experience using Altiris toolsets and remote desktop support tools ï¿½ 2+ yrs
Customer service experience ï¿½ 2+ yrs
High School education and Technical certificate qualification or higher
Responsibilities:Provide remote technical support to employeeï¿½s computers at UnitedHealth Group.
Diagnosis of issue severity and proper troubleshooting of incident.
Incident resolution using knowledge management tool and documented processes and procedures.
Experience in providing superior service-oriented desktop support.
Enjoys challenging troubleshooting situations and pays attention to details.
Qualifications:2+ years experience in desktop support, with focus on remote support tools
1+ years experience in use of systems management tools such as SMS or Altiris
Solid troubleshooting skills, able to find the root cause of issues and rectify it
Superior customer service skills, able to interact with a wide range of customers
Ability to work on multiple issues or projects concurrently
Other Considerations:Information Technology Certificates
- High School Education or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Technology Support experience
- 5+ years of experience with PC operating systems including Windows NT, 2000 and XP
- 5+ years of experience in a customer service role
- Experience with Networking Principles, Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP), Local Area Networks (LAN) and Wide Area Networks (WAN)
- Experience with MS Office (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
- Information Technology Certifications
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Certified Software Quality Analyst (CSQA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Computing Technology Industry Association A+ Certification
- Call Center experience
Already Fortune 21, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. At the end of the day, weï¿½re doing a lot of good - and even more importantly, weï¿½re doing it with a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, weï¿½re building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now weï¿½re looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant ï¿½ and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
Picis Inc - 19 months ago
St. Louis, MO
- 9 days ago
IT Analyst - HR
World Wide Technology Inc.
Maryland Heights, MO
- 21 days ago
PDS Technical Services
PDS Technical Services
- 24 days ago