This is a part time position that requires 20-25 hours per week and a flexible schedule.
What We’re Looking For :
This position requires a highly motivated and multifaceted individual to contribute to and be part of a proactive and client focused technical team, supporting remote users with varying levels of technical expertise. Individual must have web application support experience on Microsoft & Apple platforms with fine analytic and problem-solving skills to utilize in systems engineering tasks. Role will require individual to think logically and out of the box to come up with optimum operational implementation to resolve escalated issues.
What You’ll Be Responsible For :
- Provide application support to external and internal customers on all aspects of 2tor’s proprietary applications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot web and audio issues while researching issues as needed.
- Own, document and continually refine the process for resolution of technical support issues cradle to grave.
- Troubleshoot complex issues, via remote access tools, relating to configuration, functional support, etc.
- Using defined systems and processes, keep internal and external stakeholders updated on requests, issues, etc.
- Thoroughly document and manage customer issues in Salesforce CRM; writing solutions, FAQs, etc. as needed.
- Research and analyze web based technologies and services to keep current with emerging technologies.
- Prioritize requests based on need and impact, working with internal stakeholders to address priorities.
- Whenever possible, work to ensure reproducibility of problem prior to escalation to “Tier Three” team.
- Collaborate with Peers (Technology, Operations, etc.) to discuss unique solutions.
- Develop and administer training programs for level 1 support teams (Student Services).
- Assist Student Services team in conducting Orientation sessions and monitor new Faculty Class Discussions.
- Identify service improvement opportunities and automation proposals to improve service quality.
Things That Should Be in Your Background :
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role :
- Bachelor's Degree required, plus additional related college courses or professional training.
- 5 to 7 years of professional experience in the field of computers or computer related technologies.
- 2 years of internal or external customer service experience that supports troubleshooting of software apps.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours to support students at peak times.
- Ability to work in a highly visible, fast paced environment with minimal supervision and major responsibility.
- Prior knowledge of online learning technology preferred.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to fully articulate complex technical solutions to non-technical people in a clear, concise manner.
- Operating system fundamentals, IP networking & Microsoft Windows & MAC Operating Systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management skills required.
- Strong leadership and team work skills required.
- Ability to work with a diverse team in a fast-paced environment.
Founded in 2008 by a unique team of education veterans with unparalleled experience, 2U, Inc., formerly known as 2tor, Inc., partners with preeminent institutions of higher education to deliver rigorous, selective degree programs online to students globally.
2U supplies universities with the tools, expertise, capital, and global recruiting needed to build and support programs of quality and scale.
- Technology: 2U develops state-of-the-art technology platforms that give universities the ability to deliver traditional offline curricula in a unique online learning environment.
- Instructional Design: Our instructional designers work closely with faculty to translate classroom courses into a compelling combination of synchronous and asynchronous online and real-world experiences, using the best educational and social technologies available. We work side-by-side with professors to evolve those courses. We make improvements as usage and learning patterns emerge and new technologies become available.
- Infrastructure: 2U provides the support infrastructure and the logistical components of our partners’ online programs. This includes comprehensive student support services from enrollment through graduation and beyond, as well as practical learning experiences in communities around the world.
- Resources: 2U makes an upfront investment of over $10 million in each of our partner programs. By supplying capital and global marketing capabilities, we enable universities to give high-performing students around the world a transformational educational experience.
Since our founding, 2U has partnered with some of the most prestigious research universities to deliver groundbreaking online degree programs. You can read about our partners here ( www.2U.com/partners ).
And if you’re ready to help our team ( www.2U.com/team ) build the next great movement in higher education, consider joining us ( www.2U.com/careers ).
Why It’s Great to Join Our Team
There are plenty of reasons, but here are a few:
Benefits – at 2U we offer a great benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and 401k. We also offer paid time off and company holidays. That’s not all! Employees receive a 100% paid tuition benefit for themselves, their spouse and their legal dependants.
Our Culture – We are a highly energetic, innovative start-up company with room to grow. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and strive to maintain a casual, professional and highly productive work environment for our team. 2U employees enjoy many perks, including the ability to wear jeans to work every day.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans' status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay, and dismissal.