Put your ideas to work for over half a billion people.
Yahoo Mail Backend Team develops and maintains high-performing systems that
provide API (Web Services, IMAP, & POP), Metadata and Storage for the electronic mail
and its auxiliary functions. The system handles billions of requests a day, and supports
a variety of clients, mobile, desktop, & web. The team works on problems that cover a
wide spectrum - from web services to operating system and networking layer. You will
be coding in Java and/or C++ on Unix platform to help build/migrate the new next generation backend for Yahoo Mail.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
* Experience working with large-scale Internet applications. Must enjoy challenging
* At least 2 years experience with OOP. Experience with Java & C++ is highly desired.
* Proven ability in developing high performing, and complex server applications.
* Sound knowledge of HTTP
* Significant experience with development on Unix platform
* Great communicator, enjoys helping people, remains friendly and constructive under
* Understands deployment issues in highly scaled web applications, involving thousands
of servers, or enterprise applications involving large data centers
Preferable Job Qualifications:
* Experience developing mail applications
* Networking programming experience
Yahoo! Inc. - 15 months ago
Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!), together with its consolidated subsidiaries, is a global Internet brand. Together with its owned and operated online...